Chapter 14

Lincoln

Dinner was absolutely delicious. I was so pleased we could sample a variety of dishes. I had never been to Francini’s before, and I’m pleased to say that I’d definitely be returning. Which I made sure to mention to the waiter as I paid the bill. Tonight was tough for Steph, but I couldn’t be prouder of her. She finally put that douche bag in his place. I had to clench my fists when I saw him ogling my princess in her outfit.

The audacity of him to insinuate that I bought it and was changing Steph to suit my needs. It’s her that is changing me and for the better. It’s not like she forces me or anything, I just want to be the man she deserves. I certainly wasn’t the man for her back in our university days, and I’m glad I can be now. I wasn’t ready then.

She sparked my interest as only a woman of her natural beauty can, but I would have banged her, and that was it. To even think of a one and done type situation regarding my princess makes me mad at myself. She’s worth more than that. She always has been. But teenage, hormonal me? Yeah, he wanted in her panties, and that’s as far as it would’ve gone.

I’m grateful to have been her friend all this time. To watch her grow, mature, and evolve into the spectacular creature beside me. I caress her hand as we cruise home from the restaurant. I must have been unfocused for a while because Steph starts waving her hand in front of my face.

“Hello? Earth to Linc?”

My eyes flick to her, and I grin. “Sorry, I was just thinking.”

“About what?”

“How lucky I am that you shut me down back at university.”

“How so?” Steph puckers her brows, and it’s so darn cute.

“Well I wouldn’t have appreciated you fully, or got to see the woman you’ve become. I wouldn’t be the man I am today without your friendship and guidance. You were always the only one who could tell me how it is without making me feel bad about myself. I like that you are honest and sweet and kind...” I can’t help but kiss her hand and up her arm as I trail off. A sweet sigh escapes her gorgeous lips, and I can’t wait to devour her at home. “I love you, princess.”

“I love you too, baby.”

I grin and tug her to me, so her lips are captured by mine. She gives into the kiss willingly and oh, so enthusiastically. No one kisses like she does, and I’d like to believe that no one ever has. Because I want these kisses to be only mine. To be the result of our passion for one another. She’s always been beautiful to me, but her lips on mine? Mmm...pure perfection.

I’m lost in her as Carl announces that we’ve arrived home. I reluctantly pull away from her lips and grin as she gasps for air. Oh, the things I’m going to do to this woman! My perfect counterpart, my best friend, my love.

“Come on, beautiful. Let’s get ourselves more comfortable.”
A deliciously sexy smirk crosses her face, causing my heart rate to spike. I can almost see the cogs turning in her mind. She’s plotting something.

“Lead the way handsome.” I help her out of the car, thank Carl, and we walk inside our home. Shit, I love saying that! Our home...

I’m kissing the back of her neck and removing her dress before we’re barely over the threshold. I can’t help it. I need to feel her smooth, silky skin beneath my fingertips. I need to hear her breathless sighs as I kiss her skin. I watch in awe as I slide the dress down slowly. She steps out and glances over her shoulder at me.

Those eyes, her glorious eyes capture me whole. I flick my eyes back to her naked spine, my fingers gently stroking her as her eyes flutter closed. I take my time touching her back, feeling her skin like I have all the time in the world to explore her body, and I do. She’s mine, and I’m hers. Once I reach the curve of her hips, she releases a sexy moan, which ignites my blood further. I’ve already got a steel rod in my pants, and her sounds are making me leak juices.