Chapter-15

Naeema & Noori were busy gossiping with some other ladies and Israr was basically sitting in a group consisting of people his age. Talal had dragged Umaira somewhere while Tufail and Ayaan were trying out new dishes at the buffet. You know, single peeps thing.

"Assalamualaikum" he greeted her as she was finally all alone.

"Walaikumassalam" She replied, her fingers busy playing with the bangles.

"Dinner karliya?" He asked

"Abhi nahi, I'm waiting for Umaira to come," She replied.

"Achaaa..."

"Waise tumhari kalaiyon mein hone se inn Churiyon ki qeemat aur bhi badh gayi hai," said Zoheb. A beautiful blush spread over cheeks which did not go unnoticed by him.

"Thankyou for the bangles, they're beautiful" She somehow managed to say.

"It's alright....I really wanted to see you wearing these bangles. Thankyou for wearing them for me." He said and the blush only deepened.

"Aapko churiy'an Dene ka khayal kaise aaya?" She asked hesitantly.

"Uhmm....if I tell you, you'll think I'm weird," he said.

"No No...I promise I won't," she shook her head.

"Actually, I like bangles tinkling, the sound soothes my inner self. I thought they would grab my attention whenever you wear them. So I bought them for you" he explained sheepishly.

"Waoww...I’ve never heard that before. And I never thought you'd be this type of person." she said which made him chuckle.

"And the other reason is that, I saw some reels, basically of pak-dramas like where the boy brings churiyan, gajrey for the girl....which actually looks very cute to me..So yeahh" He said shyly.

"OooMG!!! You know you acted just like fictional men jinke khawab har ladki dekhti hai," she squealed.

"Ohh really?" He was quite amused by her excitement and very satisfied with his action.

“Ji…weseee…aap bhi bohat ache lagrhe hain,” she added, further blushing, her eyes glued to the floor. Zoheb was a bit surprised at first and then let out a laugh.
With a small smile on his lips, he took a step closer to her, noticing the way her ears were turning red at his closeness and how she started biting her lower lip out of habit. He raised his hand to touch one of the loose hair framing her face when someone interrupted them,

"Ahmm Ahmm" Umaira cleared her throat to make their presence known.

"Guyss don't you think that it's getting late and we should have dinner now so that we can leave." Umaira said as she pinched Sumaira's back, making her jump from her place a lil, enough for Zoheb to notice her.

"Yeahhh ofcourse...I was just- you know-" she was cutt off by Umaira.

"Yeah Yeah I know....chalo ab" she winked.

____________________________________

They were back from the wedding, Talal had already changed into his nightwear and was leaning against the headrest, watching Umaira's every move as she was taking off her jewelry and makeup.

He got up from the bed and slowly walked to her. Seeing his reflection in the mirror marching towards her, she turned around.

Her mind was so hazed by his essence as he came closer that she didn't notice him calling her.

"Umaira" he whispered. She glanced at him, at his eyes that were seeping into her soul.

"You looked out of the world today, Masha Allah. Tum itni haseen lag rahi thi ki mere pass alfaaz kam padh rahe hain" he whispered in her ear, with each word he was whispering goosebumps rose on her body, her stomach flipping.