Chapter-8

It was almost around 11 pm, Umaira had finally come down to have her dinner and was sitting on the dining table while the boys were chilling in the living room except for Zoheb and the elders who were in their own rooms.

"Umaira dinner kar rahi ho?" Noori said. She had come out of her room to have a glass of water. [Umaira are you having dinner?]

"Ji Ammi kya hua" Umaira said while putting a morsel in her mouth [Yes ammi, what happened?]

"Zoheb ne coffee ka bola tha...mai thak gayi hun bahot" Noori said exhaustedly [Zoheb asked for a cup of coffee....I'm too tired]

"Mami mai bana deti aap kyu pareshan ho rahi hain" Said Sumaira shyly, making her way to the kitchen.Umaira, knowing the reason behind her shyness, smiled. [Mami, I'll make the coffee don't worry]

With a cup coffee in her hands, Sumaira went to Zoheb's room, Butterflies were erupting in her stomach as it was her first time going into his room alone. As she gently knocked on the door, a husky voice came from inside "Aajayein" [Come in], Taking control of her body, she entered the room and her eyes instantly went to his grey orbs, their gazes locking. He was sitting on his bed. She quickly pulled her eyes away, looking down as she moved towards him.

"Your coffee," She placed the cup on his side table.

He smiled and caught her wrist gently "Zahenaseeb...Aaj aapke haath ki coffee peene ko mil rahi hai" [Woaahhh...I'm getting to drink coffee made by your hands] His low voice and flirty tone made the hair on the back of her neck stand, heat flooding the entirely of her from the top of her head to the tips of her toes.

None of this escaped his notice and a smile tugged at his lips as he loosened his grip on her wrist.

"Sab living room me batein karne ka plan bana rahe hain especially jinn wali, aapko bhi aana chahiye" [Everybody is planning to have a Chit-chat session in the living room especially the stories of jinn, You should come too] She said taking a step back coz 'Jinn wali batein' was the hot topic among the cousins. No matter how tired they were but Jinnat ki batein always piqued everyone's interest.

"What? Really?" Excitement flooded his face.

"Ji." she said and with a pink hue covering her cheeks, she went downstairs.

______________________

All the cousins were gathered in the living room while the elders had gone to sleep. They'd always been doing this kind of chit-chat session on the last night of their stay since their childhood as it strengthened their relationship with each other.

"Guysss kuch khane ke liye lao! Mehfil jami ho aur sath me kuch khane ko na ho, aisa kaise?" said Tufail looking at both the girls in turn. [Guys bring something to eat, How can it be if there's a get-together and nothing to eat?]

"Chai party aur ice-cream"? Umaira asked glancing at Talal coz she knew that he'll never have ice-cream at this hour.

"Obviously Ice-cream" "Chai" Tuffail and Talal answered at the same time.

"I think Chai will be a good option, It won't be good to have ice cream this late in the night," Umaira said, earning a disappointed look from Tufail.

Umaira went to make chai for everyone while everybody else was chit-chatting, Zoheb stealing glances at Sumaira who was busy watching reels.

"Chai is here," Umaira called, placing the tray in the center for everyone to take their cups.

"Now let's start with our stories," Ayaan was very impatient, already sipping tea from his cup.

"Have you guys ever experienced this thing in your dreams where someone is chasing you and you're running but like taking bigger steps as if you're flying?" Said Tufail popping his eyes out in order to get everyone's answer.