Chapter 2: A new Rival

Here's the second chapter folks.

I already love this story and the personality I gave our Reader.

Here's what happens next.
_______________________________________

"Hey, what makes you think you can just waltz up and take my battle from me?" Nemona asked angrily as you picked up the still shocked Quaxly.

"Cause when ya really think about it, a fight with me is a lot more fair than a fight with you for the Newbie over here." You reasoned as you placed the Quaxly on your shoulder.

"You know I have a name right?" Juliana asked glaring at you.

"And you know I don't care right?" You replied before looking at Clavell.

"Director, I'm not champion rank, so don't you think a battle between me and Julie over there with our Starters would be more fair?" You asked the old man.

"My name is Juliana!" Juliana yelled.

"Whatever Jules." You replied waving her off.

Clavell raised a brow at what you said:

"But Master (Y/N), don't you already have a few very powerful Pokémon with you?" He asked curiously.

"Yeah, but..." You looked at the Quaxly on your shoulders.

You couldn't let them know the reason you wanted to battle her with Quaxly was because you felt sorry for the little guy.

You had a reputation to uphold.

"This little guy over here caught my eye and I wanna test him out before I take him." You replied making everyone suspicious.

Clavell took a look at the Quaxly and saw the look of excitement in it's eyes.

Clavell did notice it looked rather down, most likely sad it wasn't picked.

However, the Director was a bit hesitant to leave this Mon in your care.

"Quack, quack!" The Quaxly yelled suddenly making everyone look at it.

"Hm?" Clavell asked raising his brow at it.

"Come on, this little guy really wants to fight and I'm sure the Orange and Jasmine over there can have more battles once we're done mopping the floor with her." You boasted.

"Hey I saw her first so..." Nemona tried to say only for Juliana to interrupt her.

"No, let's go!" Juliana said surprising everyone.

"Huh?" Nemona asked confused.

Juliana walked up to you holding her Fuecoco who kept it's usual cute blank smile.

The girl gave you an angry glare, one that actually scared you a bit.

"If you think I'm just gonna sit back and take your attitude you're as dumb as your hair!" Juliana said getting right in your face.

You jerked back and let out a gasp of offense.