Invite For Services

“Mama! I'm gone”, Kamiri hollered as he walked out his mother's house

He got into his car and connected his phone to the car's Bluetooth.

He began to drive to his appointment with his real estate agent.

“Ascension (Don't Ever Wonder)” by Maxwell began to play.

Kamiriʼs music taste was old school RnB and Hip Hop. Plain and simple, he did not listen to anything else.

He picked up his music taste from his parents and began to like it and stuck to it. Just because he did, it did not mean he didn't listen to the current music being played all around, he just never really cared for it.

He stopped by a McDonald's drive thru and ordered a large fry with a Coke.

He drove off after getting his food and continued his drive to his 'potential home'.

Kamiri moved to Florida when he was 19 for college and stayed there when he received a job as a pharmacist at 22. While he worked there, a hospital based in Georgia offered him the job as a pharmacist with better pay and he accepted it and moved back to Atlanta almost six months ago.

He's been staying with his mother and has enjoyed it so far but he knew he'd had to move out at some point.

He ate his fry as he sang along to Maxwell.

And feel nice and feel loved
Gave me paradise
So
Shouldn't I realise
You're the highest of the high
If you don't know, then I'll say it
So don't ever wonder 

He parked at the house and saw his real estate agent on a phone call.

He finished his drink and got out of his car walking up to her.

“Yes—just let me know.”, She ended the call

She was a short, lightskin, slim woman with chinky eyes and dressed in a work suit.

She was pretty and Kamiri noticed that but never cared to say anything.

She shook Kamiriʼs hand, “Hi. Renae, you're Kamiri?”. Kamiri nodded his head

“Okay well, we'll be viewing three houses on this street”, She informed him

They walked into the first house.

It was a small two-bedroom house, with one bathroom and a conjoined kitchen and living room. It costed $20 000.

“This is highly recommended for you, I'm sure you live alone”. She said making him furrow his eyebrows

He shook his head, “I don't like it, too small”

“But we can—”, he cut Renae off

“Next house”, he said walking out the house

They got to the second house. It was a three bedroom home with one bathroom. It costed $24 000.

“It's spacious—”, He cut her off

He shook his head, “Ion like it. It got one bathroom and no master bedroom, last one”

Renae sighed, “Okay”. They walked out the house

Kamiri was going to be picky when it came to picking his home. He wanted a house where he felt comfortable and free, the first two houses didn't make him feel that way plus, he already planned on having a house party once he found the perfect house and he wanted it to be in a spacious home.

They got to the third house. It was five bedroom double storey with a masters bedroom that had a conjoined bathroom. The house also had a balcony, two separate bathrooms and a spacious backyard and the kitchen and living room was spacious.

“It's $55 000, wh—”, He cut her off

“I'll take it, text me the details”, He nodded his head

Renae smiled, “Perfect”. They walked out of the house and Renae walked Kamiri to his car discussing what they'd be doing from then so he could move in speedily

“Come by say... next week Wednesday and the house is yours”, Renae said

He nodded his head, “By Sunday, I'mma be have a party to celebrate, you wanna come by?”. He asked

He felt as though given that she's helping him get the house, he'd be appreciating her services with an invite.

Renae smiled, “Yeah. Just call me to remind me. I got a hectic schedule this next week”. He nodded his head giving her side hug, “Thank you”. He said getting in his car

He drove away and began his journey back home.

Shouldn't I realise
You're the highest of the high
If you don't know, then I'll say it
So don't ever wonder