Comes To Mind

It was Saturday and Kavina had dreaded this day. Even though Malik and Na'veah were coming, she still felt uneasy with the fact she had to see Melissa's family.

She was wearing a black sweater with white baggy jeans, a pair of Vans and had installed a red 30 inch curly weave. She did a light beat of makeup and had doused herself with her vanilla fragrance.

She grabbed her phone, purse and bottled water and had left for the family reunion.

Forty minutes later, Kavina had arrived at her father's house where the family reunion had been held. She got out of her car and locked it before entering the house, being smacked with the smell of different foods being cooked, she smiled.

She walked through the kitchen, greeting her parents and partenal family. She walked through the kitchen door to the backyard and saw her step-mother's family. Sucking up her pride, she walked up to them, hugging each and everyone with a smile even though it was never returned.

She walked into to the living room and breathed out a breath she didn't know she was holding. She saw her cousins, Malik and Na'veah with a few other people. She basically ran to them with a wide smile.

“Malik, Na'veah!”, she hugged them tightly

Malik pushed her off him, “Let a nigga breathe, damn”

She mugged him, “Shut up, Veah. I missed y'all”

Na'veah chuckled looking at her cousin, “We missed you too, we got people to introduce you to”

Kavina let Na'veah free of her embrace before looking at the four guys who stood beforth her.

A lightskin babyface, a brownskin muscle man, a lightskinned Latino and the one that stood out, the tall brownskin and handsome man. Not too many muscle, about 6'4 in height, brown eyes, diamond earrings with pink plump lips, lips she'd wish to feel.

“Whatchu looking at”, the darkskin mugged her

“Nothing”, she whispered feeling a bit embarrassed

“Killian be nice”, Na'veah hit him on the arm

“Mmtch”, he shrugged

“Anyways, this is Kamiri”, Na'veah pointed to the lightskin

“That's Theo”, she pointed to the brownskin

“This is Mosiah and the rude one is Killian”, she said

“Y'all, this is Kavina”, she finished

“Nice to meet y'all”, Kavina smiled nervously

Kavina was never a people's person, she got really nervous when it came to even talking to someone she'd see once in her lifetime, she'd get afraid of whether she'd embarrass herself or they wouldn't like her, she wasn't a people pleaser but she couldn't bear with the thought of someone disliking her.

“Why you shy shawty, weʼs bestfriends now”, Mosiah slung his arm around her waist

“Bestfriends?”, she looked at him

“Yeah”, he nodded his head

“It's nice to meet cha' doe”, Theo sent her a head nod which she returned

“You pretty”, Kamiri complimented to which Kavina heavily blushed

“Thank you”, she said soflty

He nodded his head, looking over to his brother who was looking at her intensely to which she was oblivious to.

“You gon' burn a whole in lil shawty head or talk to her”, Kamiri asked his brother