In Each Line

Killian woke up, feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. The nap he'd taken was one he truly needed and what made it better was that, he slept with someone. He felt a bit secured and safe, not that he had to watch his back, it just made him feel like he wouldn't be alone ever again.

Killian looked over to see her writing on a notepad, he moved around looking for his phone which caused Kavina to look over to him.

“Oh you're up”, she spared him a glance before she continued to write

“Hmm”, he hummed looking for his phone

He'd finally found it and checked the time, 8:24, he sighed removing his arm from Kavinaʼs waist and sitting up, leaning his head on the headboard.

He glanced over to what she was writing but couldn't make out of it, he used this time to take in her features, and Lord had he just seen a goddess.

Her latte-coloured clear skin with her plump yet slender lips and her hazel eyes, how they squinted as she began to write and her weave, red being his favorite colour made his thoughts of a her a bit lustful but he couldn't, he respected her besides she was a stranger, he couldn't think of her like that, not now.

“Staring is rude, Killian”, she wrote away on her notepad

What she said had startled him a bit, he didn't know she had seen him looking so he cleared his throat and asked the question that had run through his mind, “Whatchu writing?”

She looked over to him, dropping her pen and notepad on her lap, “A poem”

He nodded his head intrigued, “You're a poet?”

She blankly stared at him, “Aspiring”

“Can I read it?”, he asked holding his hand out for her notepad

“I'll read it”, she snapped

He mugged her, “I ain't illiterate”

She sighed, “I ain't say that you were but it's mine, only I should read, the rest shall hear”

“I'm fine with it, go ahead then shawty”, he shurgged

“Okay”, she said almost above a whisper

He watched her breath in and out, tracing her finger in each line of the poem.

He slightly smiled at her, “Go on, na'”

She watched him almost suspiciously before she began.

“A man with brownskin
Coffee-beans
Skin I wish to flow in
His voice, the husk and base
His plump lips, his face
A real man in God's place
His demeanor, closed off
Trust no one
His brown eyes, seeing through disguise
Under his gaze I fear
Self-affirmation has to be said over and over in my head
He cares for no one's feelings
For whom shall he spare
A stranger I've met but shall see again
A real man, I have met”, she ended off her poem

He stared at her in awe, the passion she'd read it with, the story behind it, he'd never known that the man was him but he knew she'd met someone she'd hope to see again.

He smirked nodding his head, “Shit's fire”

Kavina nods her head, turning away shyly before setting her notepad and pen on her nightstand.

“You want some ice-cream?”, she randomly offered staring at him

He looked a way with a slight blush, there was no doubt that she'd made him a bit nervous.

He shook his head, “Whea ya bathroom at?”

“You leave my room, on your right, down the hall, you'll find a bathroom”, she directed him