CHAPTER 40

I woke up with rapid breathing, and covered with cold sweat. Every inch of my body ached, with cramps rippling all over. Like, i got bullets in mostly every part of me. My throat filled with the sharp stabbing pain, when i tried to make a sound. My head burning while my hands shaking.

I roamed my eyes around. Sense of relief filled me when i found myself in Noah's room.

'He put me here.'

'How can you be so sure?'

'I just know.'

My eyes searched and my heart ached to have a single glance of him. The room was dark. Probably, it only went an hour since i passed out. A shining moon filling the room with its light, making it mystical yet peaceful.

I stood up on my feet, but ended up on the bed again, whilst my head spinned around and my ankle hurt, when i tried to move forward. I flinched.

THUD

My world stopped with the sound entering in my eardrums. The silence of this place was deafening to my ears. My eyes widened in horror, while my heartbeat started getting rapid, though, my breath caught in my lungs.

THUD

Panic got the best in me, when i scribbled to follow the sound. My legs were begging to let them rest, they'd no energy to carry my body anymore.

"Noah." I whispered under my breath. My feet automatically searching for Noah as well as the sound.

THUD

I followed the sound and ended up in Brad's (Noah's brother) room. I lightly pushed the door. It made a creepy slow laugh noise, sending the chills over my spine. Without even entering in the room, i saw mom standing right in front of me, back facing.

I gulped. The hairs on the back of my shoulder stood up on the end when the cold breeze rushed over me. I recalled the same situation and without calling her name or waiting for her to face me, i ran out dragging my body as fast as possible. I heard the footsteps coming in my direction, making my heart jumped out of my chest. I lightly turned my face to look at her, and i immediately regretted it. She was chasing me with that same expressions and the dagger in her hand.

I ran to the basement room, my guts filled with terror. I locked the door, averting myself to make any noise. "Sweetie, come out!" That wasn't my mom at all. Her voice was creepy and horrible, made me shiver under my body. Yet, my mother had the most angelic voice I'd ever heard.

After the footsteps disappeared, i took a breath i didn't know i was holding. I moved forth, and a tear slipped from my eye. Seeing Noah's lifeless body made my heart shattered into tiny pieces. My eyes fell on someone's feet laying on the floor, i took my steps ahead to look at the person.

My body paralyzed on my place. I didn't know it was real or not, i didn't want it to be real. I wanted it to be just one of my worst nightmares. For a few minutes, i didn't even breathe. At last i lost all the strength i had in me and i fell on the floor. I cried out loud. "MOM!!!"

I Crawled to her. "Mom!! Open your eyes! Mom!!" I lifted her head with my shivering hands, putting it on my lap.

"Mom!" I shook her, but she didn't respond. I checked her pulse, even though i already knew the answer. I checked her breathing, building a false hope in me. I checked her heartbeats, just to assure myself that she's not gone.

"No, Mom! Please!! Don't leave me!! PLEASE!!" I screamed in my hick-ups, with my shaky voice. I sobbed hugging her with a strangled screams, i was feeling my body trembling in fear and shock.