CHAPTER 15

A tear slipped down my cheek, to hide them, i walked away.

'Why! Why do you always do that!?'

'Why do you always hurt my heart, Noah?'

I wiped my tears before Chris had seen them. "Hey...are you alright?" Chris asked as soon as he looked over at me.

"I am fine, it's so much chilly out here, i got tears in my eyes." I gave a small chuckle and rubbed my hands together to show that i was genuinely feeling cold.

"You should've told me, you're cold." He took his coat off and put it on me, i resisted but he didn't listen to me. At last I sighed and covered myself with it.

"Let's go home, mom will make a good hot coffee for both of us and your all time favourite cookies." He winked at me. I nodded, giving him a small smile.

"Coco ....get up, Let's give you a warm bath. Come on, Coco." I nudged him with my finger and after two, three tries he finally woke up.

It had been a week and i kept ignoring Noah, it was hurting my heart while doing that but it was best for me, i knew i was being selfish. Somewhere i could be able to do that since i was angry, he didn't like kissing me and he did regret it after just a second -- i knew this reason was pathetic, but it was hurting me too much. Maybe because he was the first person, i had ever kissed in my life.

'If he didn't want to, then why did he do that?'

I had been spending most of my time with Coco, having talks and reading books.
I also had been meeting Chris, and having fun while playing some games -- he had taught me a few, and watching late night movies with him, was soo much exciting.

But mostly he had been busy, he didn't stay at home these days and went out of the town, as Mrs. Parker told me.

I guessed he was too tensed after knowing about Mrs. Parker's health.

'Now i know, why she didn't want to tell him about that.'

'You are so caring Chris, you love your mom so much.'

After taking a bath, Coco's white furr were getting more brightening and shimmering. He appeared as a blooming light, and i couldn't help but to admire his beauty.

"Iliana ... sweetie, would you go to the market?  Here's a list, take these things for tomorrow's dinner." Mom came into my room and showed  the paper in my direction.

"Sure mom." I took it from her and put my big coat to cover myself from the chilly weather outside. I had asked mom to bring some warm clothes for Coco and now, he was wearing a warm hoodie, so he would be safe from the cold breezes out there.

Dad mostly went for shopping -- for groceries, fruits and necessary things -- and he always took them in a bulk, so mom wouldn't need to worry about anything if he's not around.

This was my first time going for the shopping here. It's not like i hadn't gone for that, i had, when we were living in the city, but not here.

I had never been able to go to the market for so long, as I already had everything necessary, so i never needed to go for bringing anything.

"This is our first time going to the market, Coco. Let's see how it looks like." We headed together toward our way.

We ended up at a place where we had to make a choice between two opposites directions. One was on my right and other one was on my left and in front of me was a huge wall.

"What's for the market? I didn't know about this, i should've already asked mom!" I muttered. "Hmm...i think the right side is always right, what say? Right side would take me to my destination. Then, let's go." With a little enthusiasm, i marched toward it with Coco.