CHAPTER 26

I fastened my steps right after the sound of the bell rang entered into my eardrum, putting the dryer back on its place. "Mom, I'll do it!" She stopped and laughed, looking at me, as i hurried down the stairs straight to open the door.

"Hey!" I huffed, taking deep breaths.

"Hello." Her features were sophisticated and calm, which was definitely not like her. I followed her gaze and there I got to know why she was being like this.

I laughed in my mind, as she greeted mom, like a sincere and innocent child. I was actually amazed by her acting. Though, i knew her better.

'That's how friends behave in front of each other's parents, don't they?'

'I would've absolutely done the same, hehe.'

"You ladies enjoy in your room, I'll get you some coffee and snacks." Mom announced and walked away after passing us her usual smile.

"I missed you soo much!!" She jumped over me and i was almost choked as she hugged me so tight.

'Now this is what she actually is.'

I hugged her back, and took another breath when she pulled away, "i missed you too! Though, you almost choked me to death." I complaint in funny manner.

"That's not my work, it's someone else's." She winked at me, and i knew what she was talking about. My cheeks turned crimson red as my mind went over Noah, however, she didn't know about him.

'Stop thinking about him, Iliana!!!'

"Oh my my! Look who's blushing? Miss Iliana!" She announced as i was a pageant queen and side eyed me.

"I am not blushing." I lied straight, and put my hands to cover my cheeks.

'Lair.'

'You, shut up!'

"May i ask, who came into your mind, when i said that?" She smiled sheepishly, her eyes never leaving my face, whereas i already had turned my face on the other side.

"My cutie pie is sleeping!" Her eyes sparkled as she looked at Coco laying on his tiny bed, nevertheless, she passed a huge grin on his direction.

"He just ---"

"Nahh nah, don't even try to change the topic." She moved her index finger side to side, smirking in my direction as she caught me red handed.

'I can't tell her about Noah, atleast not yet.'

'But i want to share everything with her!'

"We'll talk about it later, but i need to tell to something important." I changed my features into a serious one as i got the flashback of yesterday.

Her expressions shifted when she realised my seriousness. I told her about what i had seen yesterday, not everything yet; and i wanted her help to check, what i was thinking, if it was right or not.

She agreed immediately, and squeezed my hand with her magical grin. I winced a little, my scratches were still there, but i had applied a cream, and now they're better than before. At least the pain wasn't that much.

.

.

"Why is it so dark here?" Karisma whispered, nonetheless, her voice was loud enough to be heard by anyone since the room was too silent. Even our heartbeats were visibly heard.

"I thought you know it better." I breathed, as we walked down the stairs. That maroon light was on.

Karisma gasped when she looked around the room. "Wow, I've seen it all in my house, but something here is different, more cryptic and ashen."