412. Terms and Conditions

Mavis goes to meet Makarov and tells him about her plan to live with August for a while. He doesn't stop her and only tells her to enjoy whatever she does. Makarov doesn't even question August because he knows that Ben won't let August go without consideration.

Then Mavis and August disappear to live the life as family they never had. Ben is glad he didn't kill August in the war now because Mavis looks very happy to know she has a blood family. She has lost her blood family since she was very young, after all, so she is happy to have a blood family again.

Meanwhile, Ben is staying in Irene's prison cell, and Erza has left. She knows what Ben will do, but she doesn't really care because her family is Fairy Tail. Still, there is a bitter feeling in Erza's heart because she finally knows who her mother is, and now her mother will die.

"Hurry up and kill me. At least I can stop the suffering of being a Dragon."

"So you really want to be a human again, huh? Well, I won't help you even if I know how to do that, and I don't know it anyway. Besides, that reason doesn't justify everything you've done with Zeref. I am not a good person, but I know my limit and I never killed innocent people. You and Zeref on the other hand have caused many innocent people's death."

"So you want to be an enforcer of humanity and justice now?"

"Yeah, why not? I once died because justice couldn't stand straight, so I enforced it myself. Now, I will make sure I enforce it when I encounter crimes."

Irene doesn't understand what Ben means by 'died once' and Ben doesn't bother to explain it too. He just walks forward and stands in front of Irene with a calm expression.

"When I killed Zeref, I tried to make him suffer as much as possible to pay for his sins. But I will make your death fast and without any pain. Think of this as me paying my respect for the 1st Dragon Slayer, the Queen of Dragnof, and my friend's mother."

"I won't thank you for it."

"No need."

*SWISH*

Irene's neck suddenly gets cut and Ben holds her head, so it won't fall. There is no blood nor scream, she just died like that. Ben cut her neck using a very sharp Light Blade. The blade only appeared for a flash and Irene didn't even feel the cut.

It was made of Ben's Light Magic which made it very sharp. It's also very hot and the heat sealed the wound on the neck, so the blood doesn't come out. Her death was instant and she didn't feel anything because it was too fast.

Some of Irene's power enters Ben's body because he is the one who slew her. But he doesn't get much because he is already far too strong to get that much power from Irene. It doesn't matter though because he doesn't need it for himself, he needs it for someone else.

Ben puts Irene's head on her dead body and touches her hair. Suddenly, many glowing magic letters come out of Ben's hand and covers Irene's whole dead body. She glows brightly, but then her body gets smaller and smaller.

When Ben finishes, Irene's body has turned into 2 lacrima crystal balls. One ball is dark red while the other one is bright red. Ben checks them and he is satisfied because he succeeds. He has done something he never did, separating a person's power and turning them into lacrima crystals.

"The dark red lacrima is Sage Dragon Slayer Lacrima. As for this bright red lacrima, it's Irene's magic as a human, her Enchantments."

Ben grins widely because his experiment succeeded. Normally, he could only turn a dead magical being like a dead Mage into a Lacrima, just like what he did to Zancrow. But now he separated Irene's power because she has her Enchantment Magic and Dragon Slayer Magic.