Chapter 24

A/N: (See notes at the end)

**********

For all that Aria thought that her and Camden's first time would be one way, it turned out to be much different—much better. She had heard the stories of mates who finally united. It usually involved the ripping of clothes, the scratching of nails down backs, the bruising and bitemarks on skin. As far as Aria had believed, she'd expected sex with her mate to be intense, crazed, if not a little painful. It wasn't that Aria didn't want pain or like it per se, but in werewolf culture, where people were a little too in touch with their animalistic sides, it was almost expected for things to get a little rough.

Once more, however, her mate was nothing if not a constant surprise.

Their lips moved together in a dance. It was as if Camden wanted to consume her and praise her all at the same time. His hands slid down her waist, over her hips, across the tops of her thighs, and retraced their steps, as if he were worshiping every curve of her body. His tongue licked into her mouth with a languid fervor, as if he were desperate to claim it all for himself but desired to take his precious time appreciating every second of their union. A sigh left Aria's lips as the alpha gave her hips a tight squeeze, the innate strength in his hands pushed into his careful fingertips. One of Camden's forearms came to wrap around Aria's waist and his other hand slid up her side, ghosted over her breast, and skimmed the side of her neck. With a controlled desperation, the alpha's fingers carded into her hair and pulled her closer, directing her head into a tilt to provide himself with better access. Aria's head was buzzing, growing fuzzier with every single lick, kiss, squeeze, and caress her mate provided. They pulled away from each other for just a moment, their lips still mere inches apart, their chests rising and falling with heavy breaths. Aria stared into the clouded gaze of her mate, his facial expressions showing nothing but adoration and desire.

"Aria, my sun, my Aria," he breathed out, his arm wrapped around her waist tightening and relaxing as he took in a breath. "Please, let me have you."

Aria swallowed thickly, her eyelids feeling heavy with desire as she slowly nodded her head. The "yes," that she breathed out did not shake, and was whispered with such a quiet, intimate agreement that, for a moment, she feared he would not hear it. Camden always had great hearing and, even more so, he was always listening with rapt attention to the words the Sola would speak. It was his devotion that ensured he would hear her words even if she'd only murmured them in her heart.

He gave her a warm smile that rivaled a bonfire on a summer night as he took hold of her thighs and held her close. With hurried steps, he took them to his suite. On their journey there, Aria peppered soft kisses and teasing nibbles on the alpha's neck that got her warning growls in return. She knew that from the moment that they were alone, they would get to know each other in a way that she'd only imagined, and she couldn't wait.

As the door to Camden's room shut, he carried her over to the bed. While she expected him to toss her onto the grey sheets and have his wicked way with her (which, if she were honest, she wouldn't have hated), he knelt at the foot of the bed. His lips found hers with a passionate caress as he lowered down onto the mattress slowly, effortlessly, as if she were a diamond that he was placing on a velvet display. Her head fell back against satin pillows as Camden slotted himself between her thick thighs. His slim waist rested against her hips in a way that sent a throbbing shiver up her spine. Her hands slid up his shirt, splaying fingers exploring toned stomach. The alpha inhaled sharply and buried his face into her neck, nipping at the junction of her throat and shoulder.

"My love, my treasure," he breathed, kissing down to her collarbone, leaving a trail of love-bites. Aria's breaths grew heavy once more as his hands moved down her waist and pulled at the hem of her baggy t-shirt. "May I?"