XXXVII. I Don't Feel So Good

Chapter 37,
    I Don't Feel So Good
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  "They have our daughters."

  Those words rang throughout Mi'kayah's head as she looked at her mother, in anger and in fear. She couldn't lose Tikki too, she would have to die before she allows that to happen. Jake managed to keep both Neytiri and Saraiyah calm.

  "We have to go get them." Mi'kayah hissed as she reached into Leia's pouch, and grabbed the unused hunting knife, Tikki gifted her for her ninth birthday.

  The knife was a gift to persuade Leia into choosing to be a warrior instead of a healer. Saraiyah looked at her daughter and immediately shook her head.

  "You are to stay here with Tsireya and the rest." Saraiyah ordered as she grabbed her spear and called for her skimwing.

  Mi'kayah shook her hear back at her mother and called for her ilu.

  "I want his head." Mi'kayah stated as she jumped into the water, gripping onto her ilu.

  Saraiyah hissed as she dove into the water, Jake and Neytiri following close behind. One thing about Mi'kayah was that she had Saraiyah's stubbornness, and when she has her heart set on something, she will do it. No matter what.

It was past eclipse, and the boat looked messy, Mi'kayah was stealthy. She hid behind different barrels and slit the throats of some of the avatars.

  "Kayah! Bring your skxawng ass here, this instant." Saraiyah whisper shouted, as she finally made it onto the ship.

  Mi'kayah gripped her knife and ran quickly to her mother, it wasn't until then that they both got a glimpse of Tuk, Kiri, and Tikki. It Kiri and Tuk were handcuffed to the bars, while Tikki was held by an avatar. Lyle.

  "Sa'nok!" Tikki screamed as Saraiyah cane into view, she held onto her spear.

  "Let my daughter go." Saraiyah demanded as she raised her spear.

  Jake and Neytiri were nowhere near where they were, the couple were busy fighting off the avatars and humans. Mi'kayah stood hidden, however she captured a glimpse of Jake. Who seemed to have noticed her as well.

  "Are you hurt?" Jake asked frantically as he finally got over to her.

"I am fine." Mi'kayah answered as Jake grabbed her arms and checked them, before checking her back.

It was silent, and for a moment it felt very tense. Mi'kayah decided to peek and check what was happening, only to find her mother being held at gunpoint, by another avatar.

  "I know you're there Sully. Come out and nobody will get hurt." Quaritch spoke out, catching Jake's attention.

  Jake slowly walked away from the spot and walked towards Miles. Mi'kayah didn't want him to get hurt, so without thinking she ran from her spot to.

"Let my mother go, and my sisters!" Mi'kayah screamed as she held onto her knife.

  "Kayah, mawey." Saraiyah cooed as she tried to keep her daughter from doing something that would get them both killed.

  Quaritch found it amusing, how Mi'kayah would dare scream at him as if he couldn't kill her mother.

  "You don't need her, I'm right here." Jake began as he raised his hands.

  "You're right, I don't need her." Quaritch agreed.

  Mi'kayah furrowed her brows as she watched the man shove her mother to the ground, and point the gun to the back of her head.

  POW!

  Saraiyah didn't move, she didn't even twitch. As the blood slowly leaked out of the gunshot from the back of her head, Mi'kayah felt like she too, had been shot. There was completely and utter silence, before Mi'kayah began to scream and run at her mother's corpse.

  The poor girl had lost her father, her little sister, and now her mother. She only had Tikki left, and she wasn't even sure of that. Jake rushed at the girl, grabbing her and pulling her away from Saraiyah, afraid that she would be shot next.

Mi'kayah's mind was running wild, she was unsure of what to do, think, or even say. Tikki screamed as she tried to be freed from the grip of the avatar. Both girls, have suffered so much loss tonight.

  They have suffered so much loss, tonight.