XIX. Tikki Sees Him

Chapter 19,
     Tikki Sees Him
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Does Tikki not hate Lo'ak anymore?" Neteyam questioned Mi'kayah as they walked around the sandy shore.

  It had been two days since the incident with Lo'ak and Aonung, Tikki had slowly been acting different towards Lo'ak, more, nicer. It had shocked both Neteyam and Mi'kayah, considering she was hating his guts for quite some time now.

  "I guess the thought of losing her enemy scared her a lot." Mi'kayah smiled, she knew that Tikki didn't like the thought of someone hating on the person she hated.

Lo'ak was Tikki's to hate, insult, hiss at, and more, she wouldn't allow another person to do what she did to him. It's hypocritical, but she didn't care, Lo'ak was hers to hate or to love, and only hers. Mi'kayah knew that, she knew everything, before Tikki even knew.

  "Why the sudden change of heart?" Neteyam asked once more, he didn't understand Tikki at all, not like he tried to anyways.

  Although Tikki was giving them a chance, she didn't allow them to get to know her deeply, therefore they were just confused with her actions. Jake and Neytiri had questioned Lo'ak if there was something going on between him and the young Metkayina girl, to which he answered no.

  "Tikki sees him, she sees Lo'ak in a way she's never seen a person." Mi'kayah bluntly answered, hoping that the boy would catch on.

Luckily for the girl, Neteyam did catch on and began to smile like a skxawng. He thought Tikki would be perfect for Lo'ak, she had her priorities straight and she kept him in check, meaning she would make he didn't do anything stupid while she was around. That was something Jake and Neytiri adored, they knew that their son was a little adventurous.

  That was the topic for the evening, Lo'ak and Tikki. It didn't matter how much they hated one another, deep down hatred doesn't always stay as hatred. As they walked back to the village, Mi'kayah began to think about her friendship with Neteyam, and she understood.

  Mi'kayah understood that friends don't feel funny feelings in their stomach, friends don't having longing eye contact as if they were mates, and friends for sure don't have thoughts about one another Mi'kayah had about Neteyam. She knew better than to look at someone differently.

  "I will you tomorrow Ma Kiyah." Neteyam smiled as he dropped her off at her marui.

  Mi'kayah smiled at him and wrapped her arms around Neteyam, hugging him gently. As if he was way too fragile to be hugged tightly.

"Have a good rest Ma Teyem." Mi'kayah muttered as she kissed his cheek before entering her marui.

  It was clear that Mi'kayah was finally seeing her true feelings for Neteyam, and she wasn't afraid of it like she was originally. She was going to embrace it, she knew that he would be the right one for her and that this was Eywa's gift for her. Saraiyah was weaving a new pouch for Leia, as hers broke earlier this morning when she put too many sharp shells in the pouch.

  "'Itetsyíp, as your sa'nok, I am going to encourage you to pursue Neteyam. It is clear that your heart is only yearning for him." Saraiyah blurted out as she looked at her oldest daughter.

  Mi'kayah was shocked with her mother but she was ecstatic, but also nervous, Neteyam might not feel the same way, and she wasn't ready to find out. No wonder Tikki and Mi'kayah were so different, Tikki would have went to find out, while Mi'kayah would rather die than speak her heart.