Chapter 6

Rays of sunshine streamed through the curtains, falling on the items of pure opulence and casted a warm glow on his majestic bedroom. Everything seemed so shiny and luxurious, there was so much gold.

Lucian watched everything around him but the most beautiful of them all being the woman in his arms. He leaned in and pressed a kiss to her hair. This was the best way to wake up every morning and he wanted to wake up this way, every day, for the rest of his life, if only she would let him.

She stretched as she woke slowly, a big grin spread on his face as he waited for her eyes to fall on him.

"Hi," she said with a big smile and his heart swelled.

She looked so beautiful and so happy, but he knew in the next few hours she would be back to hiding all this love and warmth behind her facade of strength and not caring.

"Hey baby" he responded

and they just stayed that way for the longest time; limbs tangled together, naked, cuddled up, laughing, talking, sharing cheesy jokes, and stealing kisses.

He could get used to this.

Her alarm rang and he knew it was time for her to get ready for school.

She hesitated a little, pouting as she wrapped herself tight around him and he laughed. She was so adorable. He gave her a long kiss and when he finally pulled away she was breathless.

She untangled herself from him and hurried to the bathroom, saying something about a paper she had to submit and how Jake was going to help-

"Jake" Lucian thundered leaving the bed and walking to the bathroom

She had a smile on her face when she turned to look at him, toothbrush in her mouth.

Even at this moment she still took his breath away.

"Yes, Jake", she said turning back to spit into the sink.

He shook his head trying to clear his thoughts because when he stared at her she scrambled his thoughts.

"Olivia I don't-" he said with an exhausted look as he leaned against the wall, folding his arms but she interrupted him

"It's just to keep a cover that's all"

"Does he know he's a cover? No. Jake thinks you're his- his fiance." He pushed away from the wall and pulled her to him.

"I can't do this... not anymore, I've been patient enough but I can't stand the thought of him being around, thinking he has any right to you.. to your time, you're mine and I'm yours no one should come between that"

Olivia felt her heart twist, how was she supposed to hate him when he unabashedly, unashamedly showed her so much love and devotion?

He was so amazingly vulnerable with her

"I've waited centuries for you and yes, a few months is nothing, but I don't think I can wait any longer. I'm trying but I can't tārā, I can't"

Olivia turned still in his arms and finished brushing. Then she walked away from him, needing some space from all the emotions she was feeling.

She dressed up quickly.

"I'm late for class," she said running around the room and picking up her things. Avoiding the conversation

" You can't stay engaged to Jake, Oliva, I'm not having that, not anymore" but his voice sounded different this time, harder, firmer.

She turned wondering why he was so serious.

He looked very unhappy and hurt.

She reached out, and he moved back, putting his hands out.