42) KABIR~ Putting an End

1 week Later,

I stared at the closed door of the changing room. I noticed Abhishek shifting gently as he sat next to me on the couch. My eyes turned to Akshita, she wore a blood red lehenga, elegant and so beautiful. It was embroidered with small pearls and sequins from the edge. And she looked beautiful. I looked at Abhishek. He stared at her without a single flutter of his lashes. His eyes didn't even move gently. He stared at her, straight in her eyes. I saw the way his lips parted gently, and his fists curled.

"It's perfect." I said and he looked at me surprised. I looked at Akshita and smiled. "This would suit you the best on your wedding." I added and Akshita nodded.
Abhishek gently nudged my arm. "You should look at your wife and not mine." I turned my head immediately towards Nalini. She stood there in a similar shaded lehenga, hers was simpler but the way it hugged her curves. The way she stood there like a bridesmaid, I would be ready to marry her again. I would be ready to marry her with all rituals done. I would love to see her in the same lehenga waiting for me in our room.

I gulped gently. I hadn't been able to stare at her so much because of the tension between us. She looked beautiful. She still didn't look at me. She stared at Akshita and went on cheering her sister up while I couldn't hear a word she was saying. I couldn't hear anything but my own heartbeat. My head ringing with confessions I had been holding inside me.

And that's when I felt the anxiety coiling up inside me. That's when I realised that Nalini was right. It was my own fear, my own self that was holding me back. But she was wrong. It wasn't the fear of loving her, it wasn't the fear of accepting the love. It was the fear of losing her love. I had lost myself being so free. I had lost Natasha as well and that fear returned. I was afraid to love Nalini, worrying I'd end up losing her somehow.

She finally looked at me and I breathed. I didn't know I was holding onto it. "I wish you'd get a white saree for the reception." I said and she just returned my stare. My eyes still eyed her body, her slender waist to her neck, her lips, where I wanted my lips to be.

I walked closer to her when she edged towards the changing room again. I entered the changing room after her. There was staff inside. They looked at me surprised. I didn't even had to say a thing before they left. I shut the door. "You look perfect in this." I muttered.

"Thankyou Kabir. But please can I change?" She asked already reaching for the blouse. I turned myself around. I knew If I saw anything, I'd need a release to leave this room.
"You being so indifferent is almost torturous Nalini." I said. She chuckled.
"I am not upset Kabir. I told you, the only time we will have an actual conversation, is either when you want to confess or talk about anyone but us." She said after a short pause.

I sighed as I stood there staring down at the floor. "I want to say so much." I bit my lip, feeling like a teenager about to confess.
"Then say it." She said as she zipped her long skirt while she walked in front of me, barely away.

"I don't know how to say it." I gulped. I was being honest but maybe a fucking coward. She smiled gently as she pushed herself onto her toes, kissing my cheeks. "I love you." She whispered. "That's how you say it Kabir." She walked outside flipping her hair gently and I was there flustered. I felt blood rushing to my neck, my ears after so long. Was I blushing?

I cleared my throat. "Fuck you Nalini." I whispered biting my lip. The woman was driving me insane and I didn't know what to make out of it.
.
.
.
.
Days passed by, Me and Nalini got busier in the wedding's preparation. By the time I came back to the room, Nalini was usually passed out or about to sleep. She wouldn't ignore me, she would do something worse. She would usually see me, smile at me and then went to bed. She saw me yet she wasn't the same Nalini.