401. Distraction

Acnologia looks angry now because of Larcade's indecent spell. Ben watches in amusement as Acnologia gets angry at the Spriggan. He doesn't want to bother them, so he gets away quite far and erases his presence.

Then, Acnologia dashes to attack Larcade, but then a big explosion happens on his face. Neinhart uses his Blast Magic to make the explosion in order to stop Acnologia. But obviously, it doesn't affect him because it's just normal magic.

Acnologia arrives in front of Larcade and sends a claw attack. But his attack is stopped by Irene's hand and Dimaria's sword. Irene's hand has a lot of scales now because she releases some of her Dragon Slayer power.

It makes Acnologia interested, but he is still targeting Larcade. The blonde man doesn't just stay silent though. He makes a bright white spear using his White Arts and shoots it toward Acnologia's face.

The spear hits Acnologia's face, or so they thought. He is actually catching it using his teeth and crushing it like a cracker while grinning. Then Acnologia opens his mouth and a bright blue light appears there.

"CAREFUL! IT'S HIS-," shouts Irene, but Acnologia already shoots his Dragon Roar before she finishes.

His Dragon Roar isn't as big as when he was in his Dragon Form. But it is still very powerful because after Larcade evades it narrowly, the beam hits Vistarion's wall and creates a massive explosion. It is very big that it decimates a very wide area and erases it forever.

Ben keeps observing Acnologia to know more about his power. Now that they are on a more equal level, Ben can judge Acnologia's power better than before. But he still hasn't seen much of Acnologia's power, so he needs to observe it more.

His observation time gets disturbed by another annoyance though. Ben suddenly catches a black orb full of death aura that flew at him. He catches it with a hand that has been covered by his Sun Dragon Slayer Magic because he doesn't want his hand to erode.

"What do you want, Zeref?" asks Ben annoyedly while crushing the black orb.

"I have a proposal, Ben. What if we work together for a while to defeat Acnologia? With our combined power, we can surely bring him down. We can finish our business after that," says Zeref.

Ben looks serious for a while and rubs his chin while thinking. Or so it seems because he suddenly laughs quite loudly, but not loud enough to take Acnologia's attention. He looks at Zeref with an expression of pity.

"It must be the joke of this century. You want us to work together? Hah, you must be high right now. Why should I work together with you of all people? Do you think I can't defeat Acnologia on my own? Don't put me at the same level as you who have been stagnant for 400 years," says Ben while grinning widely.

"Besides, I know you are planning to stab me in the back. So why should I join hands with someone who wants me dead? Be smarter, Zeref," says Ben while looking down at Zeref as they stand very close.

Ben is taller than Zeref, so he can literally look down on Zeref. He likes irritating his enemies and Zeref is no exception. Right now, the Emperor is looking at him with a calm face, but it is clear that he is pissed at Ben.

"If that's what you want, then let's settle this immediately. I've told them what to do so they will be able to hold on against Acnologia," says Zeref.

Zeref was the one planning this scenario to distract Acnologia from fighting the Spriggans. Larcade's magic affects one's feelings and even if it wasn't perfect, it has affected Acnologia. Zeref never won against Acnologia, but he surely knows the Black Dragon more than anyone else, and he knows how to make Acnologia angry.