1.4

❝Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work

THOMAS A. EDISON

1.4 : 20 questions

OR

season 4, episode 5 : catching out

"YOU'VE BEEN WITH SO MANY GIRLS YOU CAN'T REMEMBER ALL THEIR NAMES?" Spencer wrinkles his nose, holding his cup of coffee in both hands the way Fin's grown to appreciate.

"Oh, come on, are you surprised?" Emily asks, laughing. They're on their way to the conference room; apparently, shit's been going down somewhere and they need the BAU to save their asses. Surprise, surprise.

"Not really?" Fin pretends to think for a minute. "Oh, yeah, because Derek sleeps around more than my landlady's cat, and I have caught that bitch in my window more than a hundr-"

"This has never happened to me before." Morgan interrupts her, glaring in her direction.

"It hasn't happened to me before either," Spencer replies thoughtfully, hurrying up the stairs toward the conference room.

"Well, it can't happen to you." Emily shakes her head, grinning. "You have an eidetic memory!"

"And besides-" Morgan's smirking, which means whatever comes out of his mouth next is either really funny or really stupid- "You only got one name to remember."

Spencer laughs humorlessly, rolling his eyes, and Fin can't help but laugh, too. He's adorable.

"Well, unless we count that incident in New York," Morgan says, grinning, and he points between Fin and Spencer. "When I caught you two canoodling in Spencer's hotel room."

Spencer turns bright red and suddenly finds the file in front of him very interesting.

"If by 'canoodling', you mean anything other than the actual definition of that word, then yes." Fin flips the bird at him, which only makes him laugh harder.

By now, Hotch, Rossi, and JJ have joined them, and JJ clears her throat to make sure she has the room. "Okay, six victims have been killed in a series of burglar homicides all over central California." She sits down across from Fin, hand resting on her belly, which makes Fin smile. "In order: Bakersfield, Fresno, Chico, and two nights ago, Alan and Brenda Paisley in Sacramento."

"Big area," Rossi says, his eyes on the crime scene photos appearing on the screen. "Are we sure it's the same unsub?"

"His DNA was found in all the homes," JJ replies.