Chapter 19: Vera

Content Warning for alcohol abuse, child abuse, and sexual assault. 

Tupping: Sex

'What is that?' Benedict shot a suspicious look to the tray that she carried in her hands from where he sat in the guest study, where he had had his things shifted once his ankle had healed completely

'What is that?' Benedict shot a suspicious look to the tray that she carried in her hands from where he sat in the guest study, where he had had his things shifted once his ankle had healed completely. To no one's surprise, things had been frosty between them since their heated encounter the afternoon before. The guest study was much smaller than the one they had shared, just large enough to house a sofa set and a writing desk. The window was shaded by a large willow tree, letting only sparse amounts of sunlight through its dangling branches on days that were not entirely overcast like this one. Thunder rolled in the distance, adding an oppressive air to the already depressing room. It went to show exactly how angry he was with her that this proud man would intentionally choose the dingy room instead of their shared study. She felt an insistent prick of remorse that she hadn't been able to quell since he had stormed out of the room the afternoon prior.

Add to that, the fact that the sermon at church today had been about the importance of accord in a marital home and the duties of spouses to one another had finally tipped her restless self over the edge into swallowing her pride and humbling herself before her husband. God had the subtlety of a charging bull, she huffed in annoyance as she shot a look heavenward, where the Almighty was undoubtedly very pleased with Himself.

'A peace offering.' She replied through grit teeth.

'A peace offering?' He parroted.

Of course. Her indignity wouldn't end quite so easily, how else was God supposed to amuse Himself? And just to make things all the more worse, she felt the throb of her pulse at the base of her neck where the bruise he had given her had turned into an obscene purple.

No! She certainly would not think about how talented he was with his mouth. And she most certainly would not wonder if he was talented in other ways, and what would it be like if he had parted her thighs and put his mouth-

'Yes. I want to apologize.' She forced out in an attempt to shake her woefully wayward thoughts, though she was sure he would see the unfortunate flush on her cheeks. Maybe she had sworn off taking lovers a little too hastily.....

She could do with a good and thorough tupping.

He gave her a disbelieving look that she attempted to return with a warm smile, though it came out as more of a baring of teeth rather than an actual human expression.

'Apologize.' His eyebrows had shot up half the way to his hair. 'Very well, continue.'

'Continue?'

'Apologizing.' He waved with his hand in a gesture that said 'go on'. So, he meant for her to embarrass herself even further! Uptight, self-righteous prig!

'I am sorry for forcing your hand into staying here, husband. Your mother hates me and the thought of being with her alone was unbearable to me.' She said, struggling to keep her tone mild and not sarcastic.