50. Sorely Mistaken

'Until tomorrow my Lord' Pysall said heading out after a small council meeting.

'I've been meaning to talk to you about Lord Arryn.' Ned said bringing him to a halt. 

'Lord Aaron? His death was a great sadness to all of us I took personal charge of his care but I could not save him. His sickness struck him very hard and very fast,' he noted 'I saw him in my chambers just the night before he passed.' Ned nodded thinking that through. 'Lord John often came to me for my council,' Pycelle told him

'Why?' Ned asked.

'I have been grandmaster for many years. Kings and hands I've often come to me for advice.' Pycelle informed him.

'What did he want?' Ned pushed

'He came in inquiring after a book.'

'A book?' Ned questioned 'what book?'

'I fear it would be a little less interest to you my Lord it was just a tome.'

'No I would like to read it' ned assured him

'The images in history of the great houses of the seven kingdoms.' Pycelle said dropping a very large book in front of Ned 'with discretion of the high lords and the formal ladies.' Ned flipped open the latch unlocking the book flipping through the pages old and worn and weathered with age. Ned started reading about the umbers. 'As I said my Lord it is quite a ponderous read.' Pycelle told him.

'Did John say what he wanted with it?" Ned went on.

'He did not my Lord and I did not presume to ask.'

'John's death...' Ned went on

'Such a tragedy.' Pycelle agreed.

"Okay, open your eyes we are back, you are safe." Hayley assured and Sansa looked to the capital gates. "Come on."

"That was crazy." Arya declared. 

"Sansa," Jon remarked taking a step towards her. Hayley should have added  a be fucking nice to Jon bit in her compulsion. 

"I'm fine." Sansa hissed as she marched past she had to find Joffrey, her one true love that didnt give a damn about her. "Thank you..." Sansa added looking to Hayley. "Thank you for coming back for me." 

"Jon wanted to." Hayley remarked. Sansa looked curiously to Jon. "He's a good brother like that willing to risk his life for you." 

"Thank you." Sansa repeated sheepishly before turning to go. Bran looked to Hayley though as the blood smeared down her face. 

"Are you okay?" Bran questioned stepping closer. 

"Yeah." Hayley agreed her tongue peaking out licking the blood from her lips. "I'm great. I'm hungry actually," Hayley handed sandor back his axe. "Killing gets me in the mood." she whispered. "Mood for food." she clarified with a wink. 

'Did he say anything to you during his final hours?' Ned asked Pycelle.

'Nothing important my Lord... Well there was one phrase he kept repeating the seed is strong I think it was.' Pycelle informed him.

'The seed is strong? What does that mean?' Ned questioned.

'Dying minds, a demented mind for all awake the last words are usually as significant as the first words.' Pycelle assured him.

'And you are quite certain that he died of natural elements?' Ned went on, unconvinced.

'What else could it be?'

'Poison?' ned offered

'That's a disturbing thought no no I don't think it likely. The hand was loved by all.' Pycelle informed him

'Poison is a woman's weapon,' Ned reminded him

'Yes women criminals in unics did you know that Lord Varys is a unic?' Pycelle pondered.

'Everybody knows that.' Ned told him

'Yes yes of course how that sort of person found himself on the kings Council I would never know.' Pycelle remarked.

'I thank you for your time.' Ned said closing up the book

'No trouble at all my Lord it is an honor.' Pycelle reached for the book but ned picked it up.

'Thank you I will find my own way out.' Ned said leaving with the book . 

"Thats a big book." Hayley remarked and Ned glanced back at her. 'Ned what are you thinking? Surely something about... the last mysterious death of the hand like Catelyn was shouting about?" Hayley offered and Ned nodded. 

'I'm thinking that John found something that he wasn't supposed to and it got him killed.' Ned whispered.

'And you want to start digging?' Hayley realized.  ''Ned that doesnt seem safe for normal people to do-''

'If there was people in the capital, executing Hands, Robert is in danger. I need to find out who that is. So I can protect him. So I can protect you.' Ned told her. "Normal people?" Ned added looking her over and seeing the blood his jaw dropped. 

"I don't need protecting, I'm not some damsel in distress." Hayley corrected. "But it's cute that you think you need to."

"Who's blood is that?" Ned rasped as she kept walking. 

"Someone that thought I was weak." Hayley remarked before glancing over her shoulder at him. "He was sorely mistaken."

"Hayley-"

"It's always the short quiet ones you have to watch out for." 

+

"This is too easy." Hayley informed arya but she looked to see Arya's leg shaking.  "Oh no little wolf, you are slipping."

"Am not." Arya assured holding her arms out for extra balance.

"I bet I could breathe on you and you would come crumbling like a house of cards." Hayley countered and Arya glanced over at her.

"You love a challenge don't you?" Arya remarked putting her foot down.

"I'm trying to help you. You wont get better if you don't have a sassy voice in your head pushing you." Hayley reasoned and Arya nodded lifting her leg again. She looked over at Hayley.

"How are you so good at this?" Arya whined.

"I think I'm at a slight advance to you." Hayley chuckled.

"How so?"

"Arya you are a smart girl, I shouldn't need to tell you the answer to that." Hayley chuckled as Arya swatted a hand pushing Hayley over. "Cheater." Hayley said softly before picking up arya and flipping her upside down she shrieked out with laughter.

"How really?" Arya countered when she was right side up. 

"I'm a hybrid." Hayley told her honestly but Arya just laughed. 

"Fine be secretive." 

"Thats the most honest thing I have said." Hayley countered but Arya was still laughing.