6. Everything Fun is a Sin

Renly had an easy smile Hayley decided as he smiled back at her. As she looked at him more thoroughly she noticed his eyes were not green were not blur but a combination. Highlighted with what he wore.

"Mum? You are staring." Renly remarked.

"You are so handsome and I like your eyes, they change with your very snazzy clothes." Hayley remarked as they rode up to the castle, at storms end.

Renly was quite popular with smallfolk due to his good looks, friendly ways, and charisma which Hayley saw immediately when everyone greeted him home.

"Renly is a bold man who acts on impulse." Stannis warned when he caught Hayley's smile.

"And you dont?" Hayley countered smiling back at him. "People say the same about me. People said a lot worse." Hayley countered and stannis couldnt belueve that for a moment. "Come on, come on, Shireen show me around."

"No mum, this is my territory I want to do it." Renly begged.

"I have never been here." Shireen offered.

"You keep this beautiful girl trapped on dragonstone?" Hayley mused but then she saw Selyse's face. "Heavens, I'm showing you the world, Shireen." Hayley looked back at Stannis. "I need a map of this place though because as I said previously. Hayley Marshell." She pointed a finger at herself. Stannis was getting his family situated and Hayley was snooping, because duh.

Unbeknownst to the realm at large, and despite the many women who were attracted to Renly, clearly he got Hayleys good looks. Renly was gay. How unfortunate for the female species.

Renly also disdained book learning, believing that books should only be read by maesters. Which Hayley understood meant doctors after the 10th time someone declared maester. Despite that, his book collection, though few was very detailed. He owned books with drawings that would turn a septon blind. Hayley stumbled upon one.

"Ohh," Hayley declared staring down at one of renlys few books. Renly smiled back at her until he saw what she was looking at.

"Mother!" Renly declared running to her.

"Damn. Damn." Hayley declared clutching the book to her chest.

"Mother don't look at that

"Mother don't look at that. That is not mine." Renly declared but she was laughing.

"This is-" she peered down at it. "Impressive for this age." She corrected.

"You're not... you don't... what?" Renly countered.

"Oh that's not a thing here." Hayley realized.

"What?"

"I mean I suppose people all over are closeted." Hayley remarked

"What?" Renly questioned again.

"Sorry right im the mother. Lets do the mother talk."

"The what?"

"The I have a handsome gay talk and I love you." Hayley remarked, Renly blinked back at her confused. "Ive never done this before. Learning for both of us." Hayley offered.

"Mother im not... im-"

"You have a book of very explicit male genitalia." Hayley corrected. "You like men. I like men. Its okay you can talk about it with me im not going to be weird like westeros people. Which I see sounds weird."

"I'm confused but I like what you're saying." Renly offered.

"Love who you love renly. Im still going to love you."

"The world isnt like you." Renly countered. "Its... a sin."

"Everything fun is a sin." Hayley mused.

"No one knows. I would be ridiculed I would be a shame to the family name. A talk of the seven kingdoms even more... so never mind everyone would  hate me. You didnt see anything." Renly declared reaching for it again. But she clutched it to her chest.

"Or other men such as yourself would come out and-" she bopped her shoulders up and down as she waggled her eyebrows.

"I..."

"You like someone!" Hayley declared. "Tell me! Who is he? How did you meet?"

"Loras." Renly whispered "you cant tell anyone. Anyone at all."

"No never. Never..." hayley agreed nodding through a smile she tried to hide

"Mum!" Renly declared. "Lets talk about your love life!" Renly countered

"Yes sure of course. Well it is nonexistent." Hayley agreed

"You are stunning you want someone he is going to be tripping over air to get to you." Renly declared.

"Oh renly that's the sweetest thing anyone has possibly ever said to me." Hayley declared. He leaned into her contently. "Okay honey. Im living again so I don't want to be alone. Tell me the best dicks in westeros to help me out."

"Gross, Mum!" Renly declared laughing. Hayley looked back to the book.

"You know who looks like he should be packing some serious-" Hayley began and Renly shook his head covering his eyes. "Sandor."

"Clegane?"

"Mmm Hmm." Hayley agreed. "Yeah. That's the one. That man is tall. Like, tall." Hayley declared. "Big feet too and you know what they say about-"

"Mum!"

"Am I embarrassing you honey?" Hayley mused holding Renly to her as she laughed out.

+

'I know I broke my oath, I know I am a deserter. I should've gone back but I saw what I saw. I saw the white walkers!' the boy told Ned scared out of his mind. 'I need to get word to my family. I need to tell them... tell them I'm sorry.' Ned nodded and his men put the boys head down Ned pulled his sword forward.

'In the name of Robert of the house Baratheon and first of his name king of the andals-' ned began.

'Don't look away' Jon told bran 'he will know if you do.'

'Lord of the seven kingdoms and protector of the realm. I lord Eddard the house Stark, Lord of Winterfell and warden of the north sentence you to die.' He lifted his sword bringing it down quickly upon the deserter.

'You did well,' Jon told Bran. Ned approached his son.

'Do you understand why I did it?' Ned questioned him.

'Jon said he was a deserter,' Bran said while fiddling with his horses saddle.

'Do you understand why I had to kill him.' Ned clarified.

'It is the old way,' bran told him. Ned nodded

'The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.' Ned reminded him.

'Is it true about the white walkers?' Bran asked

'White walkers have been gone for thousands of years,' Ned assured him.

'so he was lying?' Bran questioned.

'The man sees what he sees,' Ned told him. 'Time to go home.'