chapter 26

Isabella's POV:

"you are going to do whatever I tell you to do understand? If I say you won't live with me anymore you won't." my mother yells.

"no, no please Mom" I beg.

"I should not have taken you with me," she shouts in anger.

"Mom just hear me out" I plead with her.

"go to your room and start packing girl don't behave like a brat" she shouts in frustration.

"Mom..... why are you doing this is it because of him he doesn't love you in reality Mum please" I plead while crying.

my sobs were silenced by the sound of a slap echoing across the room. she slapped me. She raised her hand on me. this had not happened in a long time.

"to your room now," she says pushing me out of the room.

I shiver and pant when I awaken. Shit, I experienced a nightmare that I hadn't had in a while. the day I landed here was the last time I had. Once I was breathing properly, I took a close look at my surroundings. It appears that Victor brought me to my room after I slept off.

Mom had never intended to bring me along. Her son was to go with her. She made that very plain right away. So as soon as she had the opportunity, she sent that man and me away. I didn't hate my family for letting me go with that abusive woman I abhorred them. My mother first behaved like any other mother, but she soon started meeting a man by the name of Luciano Parker. He initially treated me like his daughter, but after a few months, he began yelling at me and beating me when my mother wasn't there. My mother never listened when I attempted to tell her about it. He convinced my mother to sell me, and she agreed. The bratva bought me from her. With the exception of selling me, I was able to forgive her. I was just 11 years old at the time. I was tortured by the bratva for years only because of her.

A knock on the door shook me out of my melancholy thoughts.

"come on in"

be civil

With a smile on his face, Giovanni entered. You need to get up because dinner is ready; you've been sleeping for a while.

I replied as I rose from the bed, "Sure, I'll be down." I took my sweet time getting ready after the shower, dressing in black pants and a white shirt. As soon as I descend the stairs, I saw all of my brothers huddled in front of the television. They all turned to stare at me as they heard my footsteps.

Romeo smiles and adds, "There is food in the fridge. You can have it."

I chuckle and head into the kitchen to get my meal. All of my brothers were gazing at me, and I have no idea why. I have great spaghetti in front of me that is just begging to be eaten, so who cares. and I ate it all up. I turn around after putting my dish in the washbasin to discover my brothers giving me a spooky look.

I ask, "What is it," because I lack the energy to start an argument.

With nervousness, Leonardo inquires, "Will you watch a movie with us?"

Normally, I would have declined, but because I needed to get along with them, why not take advantage of the situation?

I surprised my brothers by responding, "Sure." I move over to the couch and take a seat between Leonardo and Victor.

What movie ought should we watch? excitedly, Giovanni enquires.

"romance?"

"Adventure "

"Action"

"Drama "

"thriller "

"enough!"

" Enough what kind of uncivilised behaviour is this?" asks Victor in vexation.

He says in an assertive voice, "Since this is Isabella's first movie night with us in a long time, let her decide."

"horror?" I recommended. I wasn't sure because I didn't normally watch films.

Silence. absolute quietness. Maximo grins, "Are you sure you won't end up screaming?" I simply scowl at him, prompting him to select a scary movie and hit the start button imm

---------------

2hrs later 

Nearly everyone was asleep. Maximo had Romeo's head resting on his shoulder. Giovanni's head was resting on Victor's lap as he relaxed on the couch with his eyes closed. Leonardo had his head resting on my shoulder as he cuddled up next to me. I just sigh, switch off the TV, and delicately shift Leonardo's head from my shoulder to the couch so that he doesn't awaken. I carefully covered them with a few blankets I had obtained and turned the air conditioner down.

what the heck am I doing? I'm not required to feel affection for them as a family. I sigh and climb the stairs to my room, not realising that my oldest brother was watching me but was actually pretending to be asleep.

As I close the door to my room, I can't help but feel a sense of guilt wash over me. Despite my initial reluctance to accept my brothers as family, I can't deny that I feel a certain sense of responsibility towards them. It's strange, considering that I've spent most of my life trying to distance myself from any kind of emotional attachment.

But these feelings are new and unfamiliar to me, and I'm not sure how to navigate them. Part of me wants to embrace my brothers and the newfound family I've discovered, but another part of me is scared of getting hurt or betrayed again.

I can't help but feel a sense of warmth in my chest. Maybe, just maybe, I can learn to trust my brothers and accept them as my family. It won't be easy, but I'm willing to try. After all, I've spent too long pushing people away. It's time for me to let them in.

I had no idea that one day I would have to make the hardest choices of my life, deciding whether to put my brothers' lives or the lives of my men first.

---------------------------

I am wondering if I should put the poor girl through this much emotional pain. 

I am actually feeling pity for my characters. 

please vote and comment!!