𝒎𝒆𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒆𝒓

Travis Crashaws pov

Being in prison had changed me in so many ways I knew I wasn't the same man I was. It was like a physical and emotional change, things would never be the same. I had gotten out much earlier than anticipated, doing everything I could to get the hell out of that place. I wasn't passed around, not many people fucked with me and I was glad for that.

"Travis?" Johns voice spoke from the other side of the phone interrupting my thoughts. I had gotten out a few weeks ago and..I didn't exactly know how to feel about it. I was so relieved to be out of prison but something deep within me had shifted gradually.

"Yeah sorry...I'm going to be..taking things slow. I'm..going out for a bit" I spoke before hanging up, shutting off my phone.

My brother was angrier before I was even sentenced, the anger turning into a hateful blazing fire, all of the remorse he had just... disappeared and all was left was anger in his heart. I was so angry as well and yet I had a heart, it wasn't blackened completely.

I close my eyes and take a breath, inhaling the fresh air. I missed it, I missed everything. Prison had changed me, drastically. I had my head shaved, almost down to a buzz, apparently you can get tattoos as well, so I had gotten a skull beneath my neck, it made me look badass..but then again going to prison automatically means im a badass.

My brother had let me stay with him and he had this sudden growth in cash but I didn't question him whatsoever. He had this small house in the neighborhood, modern and suburban with a few bedrooms and a few bathrooms. I had dug my way through his closet and found a few suits I wanted to wear, I didn't know if I wore suits to a bar..did they?

I clean up, shaving and brushing and showering. I chose one of the black suits, black leathered shoes that clung tightly to my feet. Just wearing the suit gave me this dominant aura even just staring at myself, I looked...sharp.

Stepping inside the Bar theres a sudden blast of music and I'm surrounded by tons of bodies, music thumping all around me. It was a club and a bar... never thought I'd see the day.

After the bouncer checked my ID, I make my way over to the bar, sitting down on the stool as I prepare to order something, anything. I could feel sets of eyes on mine but I didn't care, fresh out of prison meant I was doing everything I really wanted to do.

And that included drinking.

A young woman turns from around the counter and her eyes meet mine, drinking me in appreciatively.

"What can I get you?" She yelled over the music and I lean forward, a smirk prying on my lips.

Even out of prison I felt like I still had it in me, still felt like I had that touch to bring a woman straight home...it's been...well I haven't slept with anyone, due to..well I just wanted to wait until the right moment and it didnt come yet.

"Tequila, ice cold" I spoke hoarsely and she nods, grabbing a bottle from underneath the counter.

Turning around I scan the room, the entire club. The space was huge, hundreds of bodies moving to the music, some of them missing the rhythm a little bit but a lot of people dancing perfectly. The lights were strumming, beaming bright colors over the room, flashing furiously. People were drinking, laughing, dancing it was like seeing everyone happy for some reason.

She hands me my drink, her fingers brushing against mine in a seductive motion, her eyes flickering on mine once again.

"Thank you" I chug the tequila, the burning sensation making me groan. It tasted sweet, like peaches if it had a kick to it.

"Just water please" a voice yells beside me and I turn to find a young woman getting settled in the stool beside me. Her pale legs swing over the stool, her dark red dress slit up her thighs. She wore red heels, showing off the veins in her ankles. The dress had tight straps on her shoulders, her collarbone and shoulder exposed deeply. Her hair was tied into a messy black bun, strands hanging messily around her head. She had thick red lipstick, stained on her lips. Her face was beautiful, her jawline sharped and edged, her eyes beautifully brown and deep.

She was stunning..I was almost blown away.

"Water?" I found myself speaking up and she turns to me, taking a sharp breath.

Her eyes scan over me slowly and I felt myself become rigid, waiting for her to speak, say her opinion.

"What's wrong with water?" Her voice had a demanding tone to it, almost like she knew exactly what she wanted without saying much.

"Nothing..I just figured it's a bar.." I nodded towards the alcohol and her eyes scan the bottles as she shakes her head, disbelief written on her eyes.

"I'm..not a fan of alcohol..well.." she stuttered a bit, her hands fidgeting in her lap. She was insanely beautiful, it was hard not to speak about it. She looked young and yet since she was here she had to be of age...right?

"How old are you?" I scooted closer, keeping our eyes locked.

"Why do you ask?."

"I'm curious-"

"Dont be curious" with that she climbs off the stool, meeting eyes with mine before turning away and heading towards the dance floor.

Did she want me to follow her? Or should I stay here?

I watch as she makes her way towards the middle of the floor, being the center of attention. She began to move slowly at first, shifting side to side, her hands running up her hips slowly and sultry. Her eyes meet mine and even through the crowd I could see her, everyone else had disappeared and her eyes were on mine and my eyes were on hers.

This was a bad idea from the start and I knew it as well...then why couldn't I move?