Chapter Thirty-Nine: Weston | The 'B' Word

I owe RJ and Eli big time.

When the bus drops us off at campus, the rest of the guys hike it to Chad's house where they're hosting a celebratory party. RJ and Eli tell me they'll probably make it home by midnight, a clear indication that whatever me and Gracie plan on doing better end before the clock strikes twelve. I, on the other hand, have no intentions of sleeping with Gracie tonight. I just want to be with her. And hey, if some talking leads to some kissing, I don't see any problem with that either.

I'm racing to get home. When I open the front door, I'm consumed by Gracie. Her vanilla smell and soft skin throw themselves at me. I catch her and back up against the door, hearing it close with a click. For a while, we don't speak, instead letting the feel of our lips together do all the communicating.

 "Hey, you" I murmur when we pull away.

"Hi" she breathes out. We don't talk long before she's weaving her hands around my neck and pulling me in close once more. "Congrats on your game tonight."

"Hm?" I hum while my lips make their way down her neck. "What game?"

She giggles and somehow we end up on the couch. Gracie climbs into my lap and straddles me. Her chest leans forward until my back is pressed against the sofa. I'm suddenly reminded of that day with the nerf guns when we were in a very similar position. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't dreamed of this scenario happening again.

I blink up at her and rub my hands up and down her outer thighs. "So what now?" she asks with a cocked head. There's a flash of hunger in Gracie's eyes. I'm seeing a new side of her tonight; rambunctious and wild, treating my lips like it's water in the Sahara desert. I've never seen her like this before and it's driving me crazy in the best fucking way.

"This is giving me déjà vu" I murmur against her lips.

She giggles. "Careful, or I might tackle you again."

My hand snakes underneath her shirt right by her hip, travelling upwards until I get what I'm looking for. My fingers touch her lacy bra and I yank it, allowed the fabric to snap against her skin. She gasps. "You have no idea how much I'd like that."

Despite the violent protests erupting from my body, I'm worried that we'll go too far, or that she'd get uncomfortable. So, I gently lift her off my lap. 

"Alright, Lavergne, come on." I grab her hand and pull her up alongside me. "What are you doing?" she asks, visibly confused. Her eyebrows are etched in curiosity as she looks up at me. "Don't you want to keep... you know?" The fact that she won't even say 'kissing' makes me laugh.

"Oh, believe me, I never wanna stop. But there's no rush. We have all the time in the world. Besides." I cup her face. "I don't want to push you into something you're not comfortable with. So if you ever want to stop, you say the word. Understand?"

I see her swallow before nodding. "Understood."

I plant a kiss on the side of her head before leading her towards the kitchen. "So. Is my girl hungry? I'll make us something to eat."

"I could eat."

"Atta girl." We're in the kitchen. Gracie leaps onto the island and I feel her eyes following me as I pull out random items from the fridge when she says, "So...your girl, huh?"

My back is to her. I don't need to turn around to know that she's likely blushing a deep red right now. "That's right" I say as I start washing some vegetables. "You're my girl. If that's okay with you."

Behind me, Gracie clears her throat. "Define girl...do you mean, like...like you're my boyfriend? And I'm your girlfriend? Is that what you meant? Unless you're not into the whole labels thing, then that's fine too, but I just wanted to make sure we're on the same page. We are...exclusive, no?" There's uncertainty in her tongue and I don't like it. I put down the food and dry my hands.

I come right up to her with zero evidence of a smile. I want her to know how serious I am when I say this. "You are mine and I am unequivocally 100% yours. I am not seeing anybody else and I really hope you're not either, otherwise I'd have to kill him." My palms are cupping the back of her neck, some of her silky hair caught between my fingers, but I don't let go. Gracie's wide brown eyes hang onto my every word. "So, unless you have a problem with it, I'm your boyfriend. Got it, sweetheart?"

Her lips spread into a smile. "Got it."