Loud silence

Before anyone could do anything, Alyssa was already following little me to her house.

Everyone was going to see...

And the game won't stop unless we beat Alyssa.

I look back to Tyler who was already following her.

I expected him to at least say something to Raven.

Or "Ella"

Meanwhile Raven seemed completely frozen, not moving at all.

But Tyler was probably already at the house.

My breathing quickens again, my heart thumping against my chest harfet and harder.

"Oh god" I mutter loud enough to Raven hears "Tyler can't see this"

I hear Raven say something but I'm already running, running as fast as my body could take me.

We need to beat her before anyone sees what happens at that house.

____________________

I stop in my tracks, seeing him.

Seeing my father.

And me.

"Please stop" I say, my voice shaky

"Rose, what is this?" Tyler asks, staring at the memory as it played out

But the words don't come out of my mouth.

"You broke a rule, Rose. And you know what happens when you do that" he takes a few steps towards past me.

I see the tears well up in her eyes, tears slowly streaming down her face.

Authors Note: I know it's a bit confusing but when I say "she" I mean Rose from the memory. It was confusing to me too.

"I-I I'm sorry I didn't mean to. I have a friend now." she says

He stares at her, his face hardening.

A familiar punch strikes her straight in the face.

"Stop, Stop it!" I scream as the beating continued

This is the beating I almost died to...

My gaze met Raven's, she stared at the scene.

I saw something in her black eyes.

Pity?

No.

I'd say, more understanding.

"Poor Rose, got a beating from daddy" Alyssa taunts

I lunge forward, just about to strike but she moved away. I go in for another attack but before I reach her, something hits her in the chest and red blood spills out of her wound.

A dagger.

I spin my head round to Tyler, another dagger still in hand.

And his beautiful, green eyes meet mine. He stares at me apologetically, as if he was sorry he didn't do it sooner.

Then his eyes moves to my arm and his eyes widen.

I give him a questioning before following his gaze down.

I'm bleeding? When did I start bleeding?

Oh Jesus it's black....

That's not possible I took the cure.

But before I was even able to hide it, everything blurred and I was swallowed whole by darkness.

___________________

As soon as my vision clears up, I blink my way into reality.

And returning, it wasn't like other times when the crowd would cheer and roar our names. There was only silence.

A loud, tormenting silence.

And that's the worst type of silence.

They had seen everything.

The know everything.

My eyes find my friends, their eyes boring into mine in utter confusion and...pity.

And then I find the Head Mistress of our school, Miss Lacey.

Who stared at the blank screen, probably hoping this was some meaningless joke.

The silence didn't last long though, and soon enough whispers and giggles filled the room, and all though they seemed quiet, they were still loud to me.

Terribly, horrifically loud. So loud it burned my ear drums and entering my mind.

"They're staring, they know" I breathe out, fighting back the sob trying to escape my mouth "I want it to stop. Please" but the words come out in a whimper

The blood pumped in my ears, her heart pumping faster and faster I couldn't keep up.

Tyler grabs my arm and pulls me out the arena, my hands trembling.

As soon as we're out of sight from everyone I yank my arm away.

He turns round to me in question "What?" he asks

"I can't...I can't breathe" I inhaled quickly, grabbing my chest and leaning against the wall

"What's going on?" he asks as he watches me. His expression clearly concerned.

I suck in another breathe, and and another. It was as if all the oxygen had suddenly vanished. The air felt so empty.

My body just fails me, my legs wobbly and weak as they make way to the ground.

Tyler instantly by my side.

Why won't I stop shaking?

"Ok deep breaths okay?" he puts his hand on my heart and puts mine on his "Do you hear that, it's my heart beating" he tells me

"It's fast" I tell him, my voice shaky

He slightly chuckles "Now breathe with me, in....and out"

I try to match his breathing

"Nice and slow okay?" he says, his voice calm and composed

I nod.

"What's going on?" I ask in between breaths

"You're having a panic attack Rose" he tells me

Oh

My breathing quickens again

"Match my breathing okay? In and out"

"I'm...freezing" I mutter and instantly he pulls me into his warm body

I could feel the tear rolling down my cheek as I tried to control my shaky hands and the bile rising in my throat.

But his words calmed me, and as my breathing goes back to normal and my vision restores. I don't leave his grasp.

I'm not sure I ever want to.

Sorry this chapter is a bit short!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter anyway, I know it's starting to get a bit intense.

Anyways, thank you so much for 95k reads! That's crazy and it means sooooo much!!!!

I hope you're enjoying this book so far, see you next chapter!