CHAPTER 5 : The Scars

CHAPTER 5

ARIANA LINCOLN

I was shifted to some penthouse but one thing was the same between the mansion and the penthouse both are breathtakingly beautiful. And both screamed luxury.

I was shown a room and told my dresses will be here by the evening.

And as promised in the evening a few men shifted all the dresses in the closet but they weren't my dresses. All of them were new dresses.

Though the dresses were branded and looked pretty expensive, some of them were revealing too, something I don't wear.

I was served coffee in the evening with some snacks. When the maid left I took my phone and dialled Seb... Sebastian Smith, my only friend.

He was my senior in school 5 years older than me and since no one ever spoke to me he was the only one.

"Ari, are you alright?" Was his first question.

"Hey Seb. Yes I am fine."

He sighed "Thank God! I was worried about what that dick is gonna do to you."

Making my way towards the window side I stared out "He is my father, Seb."

"He is sick. Tell me who is the guy he is asking you to marry? Is that guy like your father?"

No. He is perfect.

"No Seb. He is nice... really nice." I remember how Alessandro reacted when he saw the scars on my neck.

"So what now? Are you really gonna marry him?"

"I don't get to choose in this."

"Jesus Christ! You don't even know the man, Ari. What if he comes out to be the same as your father?"

"What if he isn't like him?" I questioned him back. "There can be a lot of what ifs Seb. Even if he is like Dad, it's not like I can run away. You know Seb, Dad was transferred here recently. He needs me to make his connections strong here."

"How long Ari? How long are you going to keep forgiving that man for his dirty deeds? How long will you keep bearing the pain?"

"He is my father and no matter how bad he is... he still is my father."

"Just a few more years Ari then I'll be in Italy, I'll try my best to get a transfer there after that you don't have to worry anymore."

I smiled "I know Seb. I know."

I hung up.

Making my way towards the washroom, I decided to take a shower and change my clothes. After I was done, I sat on the bed going through my phone... specifically, searching about Alessandro D'Angelo.

He is one of the richest men in Italy, never was he found having a relationship till date nor any controversies. Long story short he is just perfect.

But here lies the doubt... if he is so perfect and rich why did he choose to marry me? Why would someone like him want to marry someone like me?

Why? And what help Dad can do to him? As far as I know, Alessandro's image is really clean and not that he needs any saving.

There was a knock on the door, I turned back muttering a come in. A lady came inside, she bowed in front of me and spoke "Sir asked you to join him for dinner."

Saying she left.

For one last time I checked myself in the mirror feeling conscious about myself.

I still have a doubt about him selling me. Like I am going to see an old man in the diner table waiting to fuck me.