CHAPTER 4 : The Proposal

CHAPTER 4

3 YEARS AGO...

ARIANA LINCOLN

I don't know where I am being taken or who am I getting married to, all I know is that I have to follow Dad and do whatever he tells me or I certainly wouldn't like the consequences he is gonna cause.

So I followed him with my head held down like an obedient child... Not child like an obedient dog, despite Seb telling me not to. That's how I have been instructed to behave since my childhood. But getting out of Dad's truck I couldn't help but raise my gaze up to see the beautiful mansion in front of me.

Mesmerized by its beauty I started walking towards the entrance. The door opened inviting us inside.

Damn! This place is breathtakingly beautiful.

I kept looking around appreciating the beauty of the place. As I walked I could feel a pair of eyes on me, suddenly it got my heart to beat faster. I don't know why but those eyes on me made me conscious about myself, giving me a sudden urge to take my gaze to the owner of those eyes.

Slowly I turned my gaze to look at the person who is making me feel things just by looking at me. Though Dad asked me not to look him in the eye but I did. And my eyes widened on seeing the person.

There stood a man, the most attractive man I have seen only in the news, magazines. Yes I have seen him before and also I think he is famous, because since I shifted to Sicily it is him I have seen everywhere.

My gaze was stuck on him, and his were on mine.

'You look him in the eye even for a second and you'll face the worst for yourself.' Remembering Dad's words made me shiver in fear and I looked down instantly.

No Ari. Don't make this mistake... don't disobey him.

"This is my youngest one. The one I talked about. She is 21 now." Dad spoke introducing me.

I want to see him so badly.

I want to look at him.

"She doesn't have any problem with the marriage, does she?" That voice. I could feel tingles in between my legs. His voice is so manly and sexy.

Again I could feel those eyes on me.

"No she doesn't." Dad replied on my behalf.

I bit my lips. Can he stop staring? He is making me feel things just by looking.

"I'll just assume she is dumb."

No. I am not.

Dad chuckled "She's not. I thought you wouldn't like someone as filthy as her to speak in front of you."

Nothing new. Now I am used to being called bad things. But why is he insulting me in front of a stranger?

"I want to talk privately." The man spoke.

"Sure. We can always discuss things over a drink." Dad answered.

"Not to you Oliver. I want to talk with the girl."

With me?

Privately?

Why?

I thought Dad sorted everything, I just have to marry him.

Is he gonna hurt me like everyone?

I fisted my hands clutching onto my dress. I don't wanna talk to him privately.

The man came in front of me and placed a hand on my chin making me look up. I closed my eyes scared he would hurt me... of course after all it's my Dad who got me a husband. He can't be nice.