Chapter 4:: Nothing like him

Author's POV:

"Whatever you said there was wrong of you." The Queen spoke as Taehyung sighed, looking down. Jungkook was hanging around, touching random books and listening to the conversation between Taehyung and his mother.
"You shall not say things like these further." Taehyung nodded at his mother's words. The Queen stared at him for a moment saying, "Not everyone's like your father. You don't know about the reason for this marriage. This childhood betrothal... it's for a valid reason. It's not about money or power. Not everything here is... some things are... just about... emotions and love."

"I do not even know her," Taehyung said.
"You will... I trust Minha... she raised a good daughter, I believe it." The Queen spoke as Jungkook asked, "Mother, why are you so adamant about this childhood betrothal? Is there any specific reason?"
Taehyung looked at the Queen who said, "Taehyung... Jungkook. Before the Queen Consort of the country and the King's wife, I'm your mother. And after Taehyung was born..." She took a deep breath, not knowing how to start.
"His father wanted to get him married to the most influential family... through a childhood betrothal. But the family wasn't a good choice. I can't trust them. They've had dark stories and bad doings of the past... just for power, I can't let my son be married into such a family... it'd affect him and everything else around him. So, I took the initiative and forced this childhood betrothal." The Queen spoke.
"Is that why His Majesty never joins anything related to Hyung's marriage?" Jungkook asked.

The Queen nodded, taking a deep breath.
"Is that why he is like this now?" Taehyung asked, his voice cold and void of any emotions. Every time his father was brought up, his voice turned cold. His face became void of emotions. Jungkook gulped as the Queen looked at her fingers. She didn't answer, getting up and saying the last words before leaving,

"Make sure to marry her. Because this marriage took a lot of effort and sacrifice."

Taehyung looked at the Queen's back, disappearing behind the door. Jungkook sat beside him and said, "Hyung. You don't want to get married, do you?"
He looked down.
"Are you scared you'll turn out like the King?" Taehyung's jaw hardened at the question as he looked at Jungkook. His eyes softened seeing his younger brother looking sad.
"Hyung. You're indeed quite blunt and strange. But you're not a bad person. You have a conscience and you know what is right to do. I remember... every time the King hurt me in childhood, you comforted me secretly. Hyung... you're just like my father. I don't care if the King is here or not, but without you, I'd die in this palace."

Jungkook hugged Taehyung who bit his bottom lip, holding back his tears. He hugged Jungkook back, whispering, "I'm sorry for being like him."
"You're nothing like him. He's a damn b-stard. And you're the best person in the entire world."

-Time skip

"So... a huge announcement party will be held next week?" You asked as your mother nodded.
"There are already assumptions and rumours. You better not check anything on the internet yet." You nodded, wandering around. You texted Taehyung, "Is there any way to stop it now?"

"No." He had replied.

You sighed. He had to be a little more cooperative.

"Then, we're just getting married or what?" You texted back.
"We are." He replied.

You turned off the phone, "Why is he changing faces now? Is he scared of the media or what?!"

You were resting in your room for almost half an hour after the conversation with Taehyung, thinking of possible reasons why he agreed to the marriage. You didn't want to marry him. Oh no.
Suddenly, you got a text from him, "Do you want to flee the country?"
"With you?"
You asked back.
"No. You only." He replied.
"Then I'll be a public figure?! What about that?"