36. The care he gives

"Where else?"

"Where else?"

My mind started to race. I thought of all the punishments I was given. They were all floating through in my head. Confusing me, Scaring me. How did I end up showing my marks to Bhairav? How will I explain him?

"Eesha? Eesha?" I flinched as I felt the pain on my shoulders. Bhairav who was holding my shoulders, jerked back.

"Are you hurt? Are you hurt there?" He asked, looking scared. 

I shook my head. "I... I am okay," I said, trying to appear confident. It was important. Bhairav should let go of this topic.

"Like hell..." His voice raised. I moved back. That voice scared me. He was angry.

His anger was directed towards me!

"I am sorry," he mumbled crouching down, next to me. "I am sorry. I didn't mean it. Don't be scared, alright?" He asked putting a hand on my thigh.

I winced.

He took his hand away, immediately.

He looked at me. Really looked at me. He eyes roamed all over my body. He sighed, letting himself go, he sat down on the ground.

"I... what.....how.. " he mumbled incoherently.

He was scaring me. I have never seen Bhairav so... So out of control. He seemed.. rattled. He looked at me for a while before he took a deep breath. And then, he schooled his expressions. He looked calm now. All the previous worry had disappeared.

Does always hide the true feelings behind the calm mask?

"Eesha," he said, he was about to put his hand on my knee. But he withdrew it. Giving me an awkward smile, he said, "let's go to the hospital alright? The doctor will give you something for the pain and the bruises".

Hospital? I remember the days after Kirti had taken me to the hospital. They were scary. I had drifted in and out of consciousness, for how long? I did not know. All I remember was that, it was the worst punishment I had all my life. Thinking about it, was giving me chills. I started shivering. The darkness which I experienced during that period, was closing on me.

I shook my head.
No hospital!
I folded into myself.
No hospital!
I buried my head into my knees.
No hospital!
I tried to shrink myself.
No hospital!
I moved back.
No hospital!
I wanted to disappear!
"No hospital!" "No hospital!"
"No hospital!"
"No hospital!"
"No hospital!" That wasn't me. I looked at Bhairav who was on haunches, looking at me teary eyed.
"No hospital," he whispered.

"No hospital?" I asked, to be sure.

He moved his hands towards mine but stopped midway. He looked at my face. Taking a deep breath, he cupped my face in his arms. He moved close to me. I had no choice but to look into his eyes.