𓍯three

Deaf Library Student x Popular Kid
Nigel x Evan
***

"You'd rather learn sign language than hang out with us?"

Evan looked at his friends as he sat with them at lunch, just looking at them in amusement. He didn't have anything really say about the subject because what he'd seen of it so far, was interesting.

"I mean, I wouldn't say that. It's nothing personal, but I can't even hang out like that anyway for three months. I have to go to the library right when school ends." Evan explains to them.

"That sucks. You were late this morning, right? The person in charge there didn't rat you out, you think he'd rat you out if you didn't come after school today?"

Hearing such a thing intrigued him a little bit, but he actually did want to learn a little. Especially since it'll be a way for him to distract himself. If he blew this chance, he knew he'd probably never get a chance like this again.

To be nosy.

"I don't know, and I don't care to find out." Evan says firmly, hearing his friends laugh at him being serious. "I don't know what's so fucking funny."

As soon as he said that, the laughs began to slowly dissipate. His eyes rolling, he was tempted to dump his food.

"So...you're just going to miss out on Terrance's party? You already know how crazy he is about Thanksgiving and shit. I just know he'll go all out for this." Evan heard someone say, and he shrugged. "This isn't the Evan we know."

Evan stayed silent, contemplating on such a thing.

They were right though, this wasn't the 'Evan' they know. He usually...was all for parties and going against the rules. Except it really did interest him to learn sign language...kind of.

He was only learning it to try and pry on Nigel's dates with Mason. To entertain himself, but learning sign language could be a plus as well.

Going to a party though...? He knew he'd been to hundreds all ready, but he could tell this one was going to be something to remember. And he was at risk of missing it because of some punishment.

That thought ran rampant in his mind all day as the school day progressed. Even when he reached the end of the day and was heading to the library, he was able to convince himself that this was for the best.

Going to the library though, he saw his best friend at the library doors already.

"Terrance? I'm surprised you know where the library is." He snorts, going inside as he followed him.

Once he was inside, he saw Nigel at the front desk and grinning at him.

"I set up the stuff to practice at the back, so take your time." Nigel tells him happily, and that's when Evan heard Terrance snort.

"Who's that?"

"Nigel, he works in the library." Evan tells him, and he saw Terrance looked confused. "What?"

"Why is someone like him back here?"

"What do you mean?" Evan asks curiously, and he saw Nigel looking at their lips. That's how he knew he was listening in. "What is it Terrance?"

Terrance turned to look at Evan, nodding out the window to his car parked nearby.

"You're really not going to go to the party? Everyone really wants you to come, and the food's gonna be amazing. Not to mention you might find another girlfriend after having broken up with Kyla."

"I'm good." Evan snorts, looking to the side and saw Nigel grinning in wait still.

Evan wanted Terrance to leave, but he also didn't want Nigel to see anything stupid Terrance might say.