Chapter 75 - January 21 - 2017

As a blue light appeared and seemingly beamed down a group of aliens my stomach twisted, an unwanted jolt of fear coursing through me and sending me back a couple steps at the sight of the two on the left.

"Hear me and rejoice" the skinny one started, his voice booming and his hands folded together in front of him. "You are about to die at the hands of the Children of Thanos. Be thankful that your meaningless lives are now contributing-"

"I'm sorry" Tony cut him off, shouting loudly. "Earth is closed, today."

"He looks sort of like that squid from your sponge show" Yelena commented to Pietro and he laughed loudly.

"Maybe if he had a baby with Voldemort."

While the alien in front of us did in fact have the same exact facial features and structure as a baby of Squidward and Voldemort would I was too paralyzed by fear to laugh at the joke, something that didn't escape Steve's observations.

"It's okay, Ollie. We'll fight this together and we'll win. You aren't alone" He assured me, a hand engulfing my shoulder as he smiled. I frowned, ready to argue but he squeezed tighter, confidence unwavering. "I promise."

I breathed in deep before letting it out, nodding a little. He was right, this was different than my timeline and the fact that all of us were standing here was proof of it. I pointed to the two that I had encountered with Wanda and Vision. "Those two went after Vision back in my timeline. She's scarily skilled with her spear and she can shoot bursts of energy; both of which don't feel too great" I summarized, my hand drifting to my torso with a shudder before I cleared my throat and continued. "The guy has a weapon that managed to stab straight through Vision and stop him from phasing, so as a person who can phase I plan on staying far away from him. That's really all I know because it was mostly just pain."

"That's better than nothing" Nat nods and Steve squeezes my shoulder once more before removing his hand and tightening his grip on his shield.

"Hand over the mind stone and you'll be allowed the mercy to live until half of you are eliminated" spear lady ordered and I raised a brow, pointing at Squidward.

"That pretty much directly contradicts what your friend said. Do you guys want to take five and discuss the plan between yourselves?"

In place of an answer the skinny alien muttered something to the largest one, who drove the long end of his weapon into the ground and began stomping forward. The two I had fought before advanced as well, their weapons in hand.

"Whose idea was it to let Banner stay in Wakanda" Tony muttered, double tapping the bracelet he had on his wrist. It took a couple seconds before his suit came flying toward him from out of the compound, attaching itself to his body.

"Wanda you know more about your powers, you can take them on right?" I asked, turning to the brunette. She frowned, shaking her head a little.

"Not alone. The darkhold is the main source of the Scarlet Witch's powers and without that I doubt that I am much more powerful than the Wanda from your timeline, even if I am in control."

"Luckily you aren't alone" Steve said confidently, glancing around at our group of Avengers.

"Cap's right, and I doubt they are the only ones in Thanos' army so we'll need backup. Other Maximoff, you run to Wakanda and tell Banner and Barnes to get their asses back here. Anyone else who can help, too." Tony ordered and Pietro nodded, speeding off. Tony turned his attention on me next. "You know where the other stone is, right?"

"Yeah, it's at the sanctum with Strange and a bunch of wizards."

"Wizards?" Wanda murmured lowly, her face scrunching in confusion. I had no doubt she was picturing Harry Potter and the Hogwarts bunch.