17

~Demetrius POV~

You can call me heartless.

You can call me wicked. But guess what?

I don't give a damn.

All she is just doing is reaping the fruits of her words. That is why it is important to note whatever you say to strangers.

This... Is just the tip of an iceberg.

"Sir, may I come in?" Claire said through the telephone.

"Yes." I replied.

"These are the files, sir and also she is yet to be back." She said.

"Leave her. Let her keep looking for the coffee." I dismissed her. Just as she was about to open the door and step out, Ophelia pushed the door open and bumped into Claire. I shook my head.

"Sorry." She muttered, bowing several times.

Claire scoffed and dusted her shirt before exiting the office. I looked at her as she walked towards my desk. She was so sweaty.

"Good afternoon, Sir." I could feel the venom in her greeting. What do you expect?

I giggled mentally.

"Good Day." I said.

"How may I help you?" I asked her.

"Huh?.. Erm, you asked me to get you coffee." She said.

"I did?" I asked with raised eyebrows.

"Yes, you did." She said with a straight face.

"Oh, yes, I remember. I requested for a cup of coffee fifty minutes ago." I said as if I had just remembered something.

Well, you can give it to me for being the best actor.

"Okay, bring it." I said and stretched my hands out. She passed to me. I slowly brought closer to my lips and took a sip.

Gosh, it was so good. But no, I am not going to give her that satisfaction yet.

I spat the coffee out. "What kind of coffee is this?! Where did you get it from?!" I bellowed angrily. She looked at me with confusion in her eyes.

"Sir, there is nothing wrong with the coffee. I actually had a taste of it before buying it and also it tasted good. So why is that when it got to your tongue, it is tasting bad?" She asked.

Was she asking me that question?

Or insulting me indirectly?

"I should be the one asking that question as to why it tastes bad on my tongue. Where did you get it from?" I asked.

"From a street vendor." She replied.

"What?!" I yelled.

Okay, I am angry for real right now. She... She got me a cup of coffee from the street. A whole me?!

Then my phone rang. I glared at her and picked my phone.

"Hello." I said.

"Your brother is in town." The voice said and went off. All anger forgotten, I breathed out and regained my posture.

He is in town.

I smirked and looked at the lady before me. "You can leave." I said and dismissed her.

~Ophelia's POV~

What happened?

How was he able to change his attitude like that?!

Wow!

He is really something.

I walked into the office.

Gosh, I am so tired right now. Like he is just disturbed me.

Will I be able to do something?

I looked into the monitor but I could not concentrate.

I sighed and placed my head on the table.

I am so tired.

Ding! Ding!

The telephone rang. I reluctantly took it and placed close to my ear.

"Boss said you can take the day off." She said and I jerked up immediately.

"W-What?!" I stuttered out.

"You can go home to rest." She said and cut off the call.

Okay, maybe when I said that this boss of mine is something else. I was not lying. Like seriously, after I went through this so much trouble and yet he does something like this.

Why?

He is confusing me.

Is he cold or hot?

He is definitely the second. But no, I still can't figure him out. I hope I am still here by that time.

I packed my bag and arranged my files properly and stood up. I looked around and saw everything was properly arranged. I exited the office and walked towards the elevator.

I did not bother to go meet him even though I thought about it.

I signaled to a cab and got into it.

I passed him the address of my apartment and relaxed.

A lots of things was through my mind. I looker out of the window and got lost in view. I saw a girl and someone who was probably her dad. I smiled sadly, remembering mine.

Well, you can guess that it was not a good memory. He was the good man I always thought he was. Then he proved that I was right. I don't hate him. I don't love him.

I just hate that I happened to be a woman and the perception of women being weak has taken over people's brain. But I am going to strive, that reasoning will not stop me from being the woman I want to become.

I am going to show the world that I don't need a male to become a working woman. I... I am going to live my life just the way I want.

No more sulking for a stupid relationship.

No more trying to build stupid binds.

No more trying to live base on other's thoughts.

I am going show the world what exactly it means to be raised by one woman and to become a bigger woman.

I am going to be me.

I am going to keep moving. Keep striving.

The cab soon stopped. I gave him his pay and stepped out of the car. I stared at the huge building before me.

A saddening thought crept its way into my mind. I closed my eyes.

I am strong.

I can do this.

I am going to do this.

I walked into the building and went straight to our apartment. I can't definitely tell Kelly how I got us this apartment when we had not used up to a week or even a month here yet and I quickly got us an apartment.

Gosh, I have got to be strong.