Got It

Ophelia's POV

"What?!" Kelly exclaimed as she sat down on the bed. I had just told that about getting the job.

"Wait, you mean you got the job without no proper interview?" She questioned with surprise. I pursed my lips and nodded my head positively.

"Yes, I did and do you want to know the funniest part of it all?" The CEO of the company was none other than that man I met at mom's diner." I said to her. Throughout the time I was there in my new office, I could not think straight as my mind was baffled. Like I really insulted this man. But he truly deserved it.

"You know I was telling you that day that you should be careful with the way you talk to men. Not all men are like him." She said and I rolled my eyes.

"Stop this. I said he deserved it by the way. Like all he did was sit down there and when I walked up to him, I spoke politely to him but he did not bulge. Instead he got angry and I gave his share of arrogance." I said to her. She shook her head and breathed out.

"So what are you going do now?" She asked.

"Stay away from him." I replied.

I should give my mom a call. I thought.

I picked my phone and dialed her number. It rang for few seconds but she did not pick it. It disconnected itself. I narrowed my eyes and stared at my phone. I re-dailed it again and it did not ring for long before disconnecting again. I frowned my face.

"What happened?" I thought aloud.

"What's wrong?" Kelly asked.

"I have been trying to call mom but she is not picking it. It keeps getting disconnected. And I don't know why." I said to her with worry written on my face.

"Maybe she is busy in the diner. You know how active her diner gets on Monday." Kelly said as she went through her phone without looking at me. I reasoned for a while and nodded my head.

"Maybe it is true." I said and dropped my phone.

Will give her a call later then.

"What is dinner tonight?" I asked.

"Got little groceries on my way so I will prepare something with it. And besides I still wonder how you were able to get these whole apartment. Don't get me wrong, like it is too big. And also has all the essential things. Like I was expecting we will be sleeping on the bare floor but see, a queen sized bed. Tell me how did you do it? How much did you pay?" She asked me.

I can't tell her about it. I smiled.

"All I did was just charm the man and he gave me the keys and papers." I teased her and she rolled her eyes.

"Tell me the truth, Ophelia." She demanded.

"It's nothing actually." I said with a shrug.

"Forget about it. Let me go cook so that I would not be late for class tomorrow." She said and hurried out of the class.

~Demetrius' POV~

I whistled as I stepped out of the car and walked towards the entrance to my house.

"Seems you are in a good mood." Maureen said and I looked at her.

"What are you doing outside?" I asked with my eyebrows raised.

"Mom and I were taking fresh evening air. Got a problem with that?" She asked. My lips pulled up into a small smile.

"No, where is mom?" I asked her.

"She is over there." She pointed and I turned around only to see nothing. She giggled and ran inside before I could call you. How dare she trick a big bad alpha like me?

"Maureen." I yelled as I walked in.

"Demetrius, will you stop yelling? Can't you see the house was at peace before you came in? You should at least maintain the silence." My mother said in scolding voice. There she goes taking sides with Maureen whenever she is at fault.

"You did yours, remember?" She said with a smirk and ha her arms akimbo.

I scoffed.

"How was work?" She asked as I slumped down on the chair.

"Hectic." I answered her. I inhaled and exhaled.

"So when should I be expecting a lady with you?" She asked as she sat down next to me.

"Mum, I have told you that any relationship for now will be on hold." I said with an annoyed voice.

"Hey, don't talk to me like that. I understand what Emery did was unfair but don't let that hold you back from getting married." She said and my mouth went agape.

Getting married?!

Like seriously. I have not even started daring and courting. She wants me to get married.

"Mom, give it some time. I need to collect myself and think about what I want for myself." I said to her. I stood up and stretched out.

"Take some fresh bath and come downstairs for a soothing meal." She said and patted me on my shoulders. I nodded my head and went towards the stairs.

Pushing the door of my room open, I suddenly remembered the lady that had come for the job interview.

I smirked as I remembered her face. She was the same lady I met at the airport and also the same lady I met at that diner but she has different features.

The time I met her at the airport, she was sad and I almost felt like cuddling her.

And then the second and third time, I felt like strangling her.

Like seriously she was the only one who brought by renowned ego down and I am going to use her to bring it back to the position it was.

I pulled off my clothes and walked into the bathroom.

I am so going to play with her. Make her pay for what she did and said to me in my face.

Ophelia, get ready for me.