EPILOGUE

"HURRY, DADDY!" Sarrell ran ahead of her father. They had just received word that her mother had been taken to the infirmary because the twins had announced themselves.

With a long stride, Ri'kil grabbed the apple of his eye and lifted the struggling toddler up and planted her diaper-hidden buttocks on his neck. "Take it easy, Bubbles. Grandma and Granny are probably already there, and to be honest... if your mother is as lovely as she was when you were born... Well then I'd rather stay here!"

Even though Sarell was only three years old, not going to mommy was out of the question and she hit her father on the head with a fat baby fist. "NO!! GO TO MOMMY!!!"

Ri'kil grinned at the ferocity with which his little thunderstone hit his head. Ohhh there was plenty of spunk in the little lady.

"OOHH, Okay... We're going to mommy... Do I really have to go to mommy?" He teased his little girl a little more.

"Yes! Go to mommy, daddy!" Sarell placed both her chubby hands on both sides of his face so he was 'forced' to look in the direction of the hospital, where he mother was going to be.

"Hurry, daddy, hurry!"

With a devilish grin, Ri'kil started running as his daughter bounced up and down his neck, howling with laughter.

With her tiny nose pressed against the glass of the incubator, Sarell surveyed the two tiny creatures in front of her with wide, surprised eyes. The twins were born two months premature but perfectly healthy.

Her baby brother looked almost identical to her. Ro'kas had the same light green reptilians skin and yellow eyes like their father, and plump lips and soft hair just like that of their mother, but where Sarell only had her fathers sharp teeth and claws, her brother also bore the markings of two horns at side of his jaws, hidden underneath his scaly skin.

Her baby sister on the other hand looked basically human. Ava's skin was that of their mother, pale, sensitive and smooth, her hair was soft and her lips were just like that of her brother and sister, pink and plump, the only thing she had in common with her father were her bright yellow eyes.

"Daddy... why do those tubes get in their stomachs? And why do they have to lie in this tiny house?"

Smiling, Ri'kil pulled his daughter onto his lap. "The tubes tell the computer whether everything is going well with the babies. Ro'kas and Ava were born much too early and their lungs are not quite 'ready' yet, and this house ensures that they are always nice and warm and don't get sick from the 'little monsters' floating through the air... You know the little monsters that make you sneeze and cough."

Without taking her eyes off the two babies, the little girl nodded. Yes, she knew those monsters! Some time ago, such a monster had plagued her with a fever and a sore throat. Mamma had made her a lot of cold ice creams then!

A buzzing sound from her father's wrist gaunlet caught her attention, and with her tiny brows frowned she looked up at the face of the tall warrior on who's lap she sat.

"What is it?" An unpleasant premonition rippled through his body. Everyone knew that Sasha had just given birth and that they should call him only in case of an emergency.

"I'm sorry Ikat Ri'kil, but... we have received word that Latarji has taken a branch in northern Europe with the help of five other Taroc..." Ri'kil frowned. What did this have to do with them?

"Yeah so...?" He heard the man clear his throat.

"We're getting signals that he's readying the long-range weapons..." Ri'kil's eyes flew open. NO! That filthy uami!!