RHAN (Part 1)

It was the thirt day of the partnership, and with a cup of cold tea brought by one of the young women, Rhán sat watching the youths from a distance. Although it had been agreed that for the first few days only the small group of chosen young people would work together, the women's curiosity had been sparked, as the group of women had grown considerably. He was going to talk to Vsar tonight to increase the group of men as the ladies had no problem being pretty mouthy and although his men usually had their answer ready, the ladies were sometimes a bit too pushy... Maybe that a larger group of men would provide more balance.

Rhán had also noticed that the young woman who had drawn Ri'kils attention had a second admirer. Ghorul's pupil Baska had also fallen for Ellen's granddaughter's charms, and Rhán couldn't deny that he didn't want to deprive Ri'kil of the chance to court the girl too.

Rhán took a long sip of the slightly too sweet drink, a little honey in tea was nice, but the girl had been a little too generous with it. He grinned at the sight of Baska's cockerel behaviour, the young man was very interested in the girl, that could be fun if Ri'kil got involved.

Despite not wanting to see fights between his men, Rhán couldn't resist giving preference to his own ward. Ri'kil was his spitting image in everything except appearance, explosive, loyal, humorous and with a healthy dose of arrogance. He had heard the girl talking during the meeting and had gotten the impression that Ellen's granddaughter was a feisty lady with a strong and stubborn character, just like her grandmother.

Rhán grinned at the memory of the first meeting with the female Taroc and how she'd looked at Ri'kil with the delightful arrogance inherent in women in leadership roles. He understood that his friend had fallen hard for the little human woman, and his grin widened when Vsar texted him two days ago to get some pants ready. The girl had looked at him quizzically when he'd taken her apart and asked her about her grandmother's clothes. Her eyes had grown as she realized why the woman needed them and she had burst out into a roar of laughter, and her laughter had been so infectious that Rhan had joined her.

The two of them had collected the things and had met the couple at the agreed place. He'd seen women change color before, but the red color that had appeared on the female leader's face had been very fiery, and you didn't have to be a genius to know what those two had been up to.

A pang of longing shot through his body, but he quickly shook it off, this would never happen to him, no woman would want him.

"Boy, you're really hard to reach!"

With a surprised look, Rhán gazed at the small white-haired woman who waddled over to him huffing and groaning, Dakota looked at him with an apologetic look.

"Sorry Rhán, she insisted on sitting with you..."

Rhán quickly got up and offered the little frail woman his place.

"No problem, Dakota..." and he turned to the little woman. "And who may I have the pleasure of meeting?" He looked at the woman with a grin.

"I'm Hellen, handsome, Dakota's mother. Pour me a glass of that liquid! I'm dying of thirst!" And with a thud, she lowered herself into Rhan's place.

She sank so low that Rhan was afraid the old woman would break all her bones, miraculously they didn't.

He quickly poured her a glass of the iced tea and handed it to her. "What can I do for you ladies?" His dark voice thundered softly and the old berry began to giggle.

"Dakota sweetheart can you go check on the youth? I have a few things to discuss with this handsome guy..." Rhán frowned, what could the woman want with him?