𝟶𝟶𝟸.

CHAPTER TWO | ❝TO HATE OR NOT TO HATE❞"I will wait for you, And I can't sleep 

"I will wait for you, And I can't sleep ."

───。°✩ : *.☽.*: ✩ ° 。───

       SCOTTIE FELL SAT ON ELENA'S BED WHILE THE GILBERT GIRL EXPLAINED WHAT WAS GOING ON. Scottie had been there for a least two hours, listening to everything Elena had to say about it all. About the Salvatores, about Bonnie being a witch, about Alaric and everything else they knew. Scottie was blown away by the world she hadn't seen yet. 

She'd figured out the Salvatores, but Bonnie being a witch? Scottie wouldn't have guessed that. Alaric was like her, a vampire hunting human and Elena was a doppelgänger and has a look alike who's dead set on ruining Elena's life. 

And Damon had snapped Jeremy's neck a few nights ago and has a ring who brings him back to life if he died supernaturally. 

Surprisingly, Scottie was not all that confused. A lot of it made sense, especially when you threw witchcraft in with it all. 

But Elena had a problem that Scottie could help with. There was something supernatural about the Lockwoods, especially Mason, Tyler's uncle. Alaric agreed to take them to Duke to look through Elena's real mom's research. 

And through all of that, Damon had invited himself. Scottie sat in the back of the car behind the driver's seat, book in her hand, a book that used to be her father's. Scottie was looking through her dad's supernatural dictionary, looking for something they could use to figure out their mystery. 

Scottie didn't really know why she was going in the first place, but she'd agreed to, for Elena's sake. 

"You know, this whole pretending to hate me thing is getting a little silly." Damon told Elena as Scottie stared down at the book in her lap, not acknowledging anything around her. 

"I don't think she's pretending." Alaric commented sourly, he was still not the biggest fan of Damon himself. 

"You did kill her brother." Scottie added, not looking up from the book as she turned the page and scanned over it, trying to find something. 

"There is a huge asterisk next to that statement. He came back to life." Damon defended himself carelessly as Elena scoffed from next to Scottie. 

"Yeah, thanks to the ring you didn't know he was wearing." Elena snapped in response, glaring at the vampire who was in the front seat. 

"Why are you so sure I didn't know?"

"Okay fine, did you know he was wearing the ring?" Elena demanded, leaning forward. 

"Yes." Damon answered easily as Scottie rolled her eyes. That was obviously going to be his answer, answering with anything else would be stupid. 

But Elena just scoffed and sat back in her seat, also not believing him as she crossed her arms.