TWENTY-NINE.

"I'm sorry for the strain,
No one prepares you for the way in which things change."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

COREY'S POV:

COREY'S POV:

The first quarter didn't go too great and the second started ten minutes ago and I'm already sweating, there are only another ten minutes left to go in this quarter. I'll be glad to get a break, I need to train more regularly again.

The last time we played against this team, we won by a long shot so they have certainly gotten better this year. Good for them honestly as they have managed to get this far in the league, they won't get any further though.

Although I am confident we will win, they are really making us work for it and despite our best efforts in training for this match we need to do more. If we are struggling this much and we are only at the quarter finals then we have an issue. If we want any chance at winning the league then we need to focus.

The reason we went to Logan's house in the first place was so we could go over our game plan and brush up on everything. Instead, I went and saw Nadia and they were all getting high, with Jasper not even turning up as he was too busy fucking Maddy or whatever.

Nadia is too much of a nice person, if I was in that situation then the both of them would be dead.

I say that we need to focus but my mind won't stop drifting back to Nadia. My brain really chooses its moments and I hate it. I have always been about hockey and now that I'm doing that, it's decided all it wants to focus on is the sister of my best friend.

I know that she won't be here, as she hasn't been to a game in weeks, but i can't help but feel the need to check the stands for her blonde hair and bright smile. I managed to contain my thoughts about her in the first quarter but now as the stress of the game is getting to me, so is she.

The puck is passed to me, and I skate my way down the ice, trying my hardest not to look in her usual spot on the way down. One of their defensemen skate up to my side, trying to tackle me but I manage to pass it to Willem in time before he can get to it. I skate around near the goal, looking for an opening so Willem can pass to me and he does so. I move my hockey stick and aim the puck at the net and it goes in.

Cheers erupt in the stands and I look to her seat in the family stands, only to find it empty. I knew she wasn't going to be here but it doesn't stop the disappointment creeping its way inside of me at her absence. As I'm staring at her seat with a frown on my face, my teammates all pat me on the back, some of them even giving me a quick side hug.