CHAPTER 3

Anna's POV

"Will you be my date tonight, Anna?" Tony questions me. I blink at him severally with different thoughts running through my mind.

I am still trying to get over my ex-boyfriend. I didn't wish to see him ever since he broke up with me and I haven't seen him. Now, I wish to see him, even if it is just once so I can ask him to give me a genuine reason for breaking up with me. 

I gave him all I had, my heart, body, and soul. I loved him wholeheartedly but all he did was break my heart into shreds. I am still trying to pick up the pieces of my broken heart and trying to fix them back in their position. I am hoping that one day, it will heal.

Hearing Tony asking me out on a date is bringing back the pain. It's been three months since Cameron broke up with me but it still feels like a day since it happened. This is because the hurt is still fresh in my heart. 

I don't know what to say to Tony. I don't want him to get the wrong idea of me. He already asked me to be his girlfriend but I rejected him. If I accept to go on this date, does it mean I am his girlfriend? I know I am not ready for another relationship. It is too early.

"Anna", Pam calls, jerking me out of my reverie. We are sitting in the school cafeteria and he is asking me this question after we've had lunch.

I have been feeling unwell since I got to school this morning so I told Pam I am going to skip the rest of the classes after lunch.

"Alright, Tony." I finally give in. He beams in excitement and Pam claps her hands.

"But I'm still not your girlfriend", I state loudly to his hearing. His body is calm as I say that. He quickly replace the hurt on his face with a smile. 

"It's ok. We will take it slow."

"Alright", I stand up. Pam does the same as I fling my schoolbag to my shoulder, ready to go home. I am beginning to feel dizzy again just like I felt earlier this morning before my first class and I wonder why.

"We will get going, Tony. Thanks for lunch." Pam appreciates him.

"My pleasure", he replies with a wide grin. He is really happy and excited about tonight.

"Bye, Tony", I wave at him and walk towards the exit with Pam.

"Alright, Anna. I will come to pick you up when it's time", He shouts after us.

I look back and nod at him with a sweet smile.

"I'm going to skip class too," Pam mutters as we are walking towards the campus gate. I intend to go get a cab.

"You don't need to", I object.

"I'll take you home", she insists.

I smile at my friend in gratitude. Since I started feeling feverish and dizzy, I have been thinking that it must have something to do with exercise routine I just commenced after three months. I stopped exercising after the breakup and I just picked the habit up again the day before. 

"Someone is going out on a date. Someone is going to be someone's girlfriend", Pam sings.

"Pam, it's just a date. Besides, it's too soon, I'm not ready. It's just three months...."

"Is three months not enough to cry over spilled milk?" She questions with a wide eye.

"I feel it's too soon."

"Relax babe, just go along with the flow and see how it turns out. I want you to enjoy tonight. The last time you had fun was three months ago, remember?"