Chapter 11

I see a beautiful girl staring right at me. Her black dress fit perfectly around her hourglass figure. I would lie if I said she wasn't intimidating me. I gave her a smile and turned back to face Lorenzo. 

He smiled at me as we make eye contact I was a little bit shocked but covered it with a smile when I realised he is acting. 

"You're doing great" He says and I guess we need to pretend to have a conversation so I continued. 

"Why are all these people intimidating? It seems like all of them are hiding their true intentions behind their fake smiles" I said with a smile. 

"That's because they are." He simply said. 

"I'm going to get us a drink, stay here" He said and before I knew it he kissed my cheek and walked away. His actions slightly made me blush but I knew it was for the people. 

The girl who was starting at me before grabbed my arm making me face her. 

"So, you're the girl that came between us." She says.

"Excuse me." I replied.

"You heard me If you think you can take Lorenzo from me then you're wrong" She said slightly lifting her voice. 

"He's mine" She continued. 

"And you're supposed to be?" I asked

"I am his girlfriend, Lilian." She said with a smirk. 

"Well I'm his fiancé, soon to be wife in 2 days." I said getting angry. 

I didn't know if she was lying to test me, or she was trying to ruin our relationship. But I knew Lorenzo well enough to know that he doesn't like girls like her. I conversation last night proved it. 

"I don't believe it at all. He would never want to sleep with a girl like you." She argued. 

The fact that she brought up sex proved that she like him for his looks. 

"Lorenzo has told me about girls like you. You want him for his looks, money, and sex." I stated, I could see the anger burning in her eyes. 

"Did you just call me a slut?" She hissed. 

"I didn't you did." I said.

I then saw her hand coming to hit my face when Lorenzo grabbed her hand that was about to hit me. 

"Don't you touch my fiancé." He said raising his voice. People's attention turned towards us. 

"WHO LET THIS B**** IN? HUH! THROW HER OUT." He said pushing her into a guards arm. 

I was so shocked I couldn't react. Did he stand up for me? 

Lorenzo then cups my face in his hands and kisses my forehead. I know he was acting but it felt so real. It might almost break me. 

"Are you ok?" He said sounding genuinely concerned and I nodded. 

Our attention turned to Lorenzo's dad as he speaks on the mic. 

"The party's over everyone, thank you for coming." Lorenzo's dad announces as he gives Lorenzo a weird glare. 

The people start to leave and in no time the home is empty. 

I didn't know if I should thank him or explain myself so I did what felt right. 

"Thank you." I said and he simply nodded. 

"You might need to take self defence classes" Lorenzo stated before I could say anything he continued. 

"Yes, you'll start after the wedding." He said coldly and walked away not letting me reply. 

Why is he like this? One moment he's speaking to me happily the other he's cold? I don't understand him.