Resurfacing [3]

Already mournful and resentful, the only word that stuck in her mind is, 'death'. She couldn't care less if it was others' death, but this time it was the death of her own blood and flesh. So, she couldn't forgive and acted even more brashly.

Having the habit to order others, she naturally ordered her own husband. Looks like the fruit didn't fall too far from the tree after all, as the dead young man, also ordered the others, as if the world was his. 

"Call everyone! Call everyone inside!" She barked out, ordering the other shamelessly. Though the husband didn't hear her wife, as he was currently in a trance, possibly because of the trauma caused by his son's death.

He went as far as to backhandedly push her, and that caught Madam by surprise and then fell down on the ground, because of the shock. Before, to this day, she never had to push him; she just had to raise her voice a little, and he would immediately comply with her demands. So, who would have thought that he would finally strike back?

The husband did not give any further reaction, and was he didn't even hear her, even though all servants were scared because, of the expression she had on her face.

Clutching on her chest, Madam Mo spoke out with a trembling voice. "You— You— You, get out of here as well!"

A-Ding gave a few looks to A-Tong. The latter hurriedly helped his master out of the hall.

Silence finally reigned over the family, and just when Wei Wuxian wanted to examine the corpse once more, another high-pitched scream pierced through the air.

It was coming from the courtyard.

All those present in the hall, rushed out and there, on the ground, were two twitching bodies. One of the two was A-Tong's, surprisingly, still alive, collapsed on the ground. The other one, wrinkled and withered, almost like the blood and flesh had been emptied dry.

Left arm missing, no blood coming out of the wound. The second corpse's condition was the same as Mo Ziyuan's.

Madam Mo, as soon as she saw the corpses, with her eyes widened, brushed off A-Ding's supporting hand without any second longer. It seems that she was finally out of energy to throw another fit, and then fainted.

Wei Wuxian, who happened to be next to her, passed her to the servant who came rushing to her.

Looking at his right hand, he noticed that another one of the cuts, was gone.

Meanwhile, Lan Sizhui, Lan Jingyi and the others, grew pale. Not even a few seconds passed and they are already witnessing another death. One, that could not be qualified as peaceful, but quite gruesome.

Lan Sizhui, being the first one to calm down, he asked A-Tong, who was on the ground, if he saw anything. Nearly scared to death, the latter was unable to open his mouth. Even a few moments later, he still couldn't answer and only shook his head repeatedly.

The former, burning with anxiety, he asked another disciple to take the shocked servant inside and, turned to Lan Jingyi. "Did you send the signal?" He asked him.

Lan Jingyi acquiesced. "I did, but if there are no seniors who can assist us in the area, it would take at least an hour for our people to come here. What should we do now? We don't even know what it was, and Shù mǔ* is currently not in the state to help us." He said with a worried tone.

[Shù mǔ = aunt]

Worried about their current situation, and also because of Wei Yeqiu's state that is worsening as the time pass.