Chapter Forty Six

"Five minutes, Misha." Shehnaaz gestured with her hands. Misha nodded from the other end of the room, calling cut and skipped over to her side.

"Everything okay?" Misha asked calmly.

Shehnaaz nodded. "Yeah, all good. I was starting to lose my voice."

Misha nodded. "Get her some warm water. Baith ja Shehnaaz. We'll resume after lunch."

"But--" Akshar interjected, ready to protest.

Misha turned to him with a smile. "She's been screaming for fifteen minutes straight. Give her a break Akshar."

"Misha, I have to leave soon." Akshar reasoned.

Misha chuckled, "Dude, this place won't always work exactly like you want. If you're eligible for a privilege, She's too." She said firmly. "Wait karo, we're taking a break.".

Akshar glared at Shehnaaz. "I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize to him, doll. You've had to keep peace with his demands for almost nine weeks. He can handle a fifteen minute inconvenience." Kushal said, pointedly glaring back at Akshar.

Akshar shifted nervously, "I'm not saying anything buddy."

Kushal smiled at him. "See, he doesn't mind."

Shehnaaz nodded, just then someone handed her a mug full of warm water. "Chai bol doon?" He asked, causing Shehnaaz to look up.

"Mehul.. what are you doing here?" She asked surprised. "Weren't you supposed to be with Sidharth?"

"I'm your manager too, sirf tere hulk to nahi sambhalta hoon. Bol na, chai piyegi?" Mehul asked.

Shehnaaz nodded. "But, abhi ruk baat kar merse. Koi kaam tha kya?"

Mehul nodded. "Kaushal ko ek meeting ke liye Pune jaana tha, aur tera hulk humaari jaan le lega agar tujhe akela choda humne toh." He explained.

Shehnaaz chuckled. "Bacchi thodi hoon mein. I can take care of myself."

"We know that. Vaise bhi Sidharth ke saath saara dinn reh ke mein bore ho jaata hoon. Ab tere paas aaya toh tu sawaal kar rahi hai." Mehul complained. Shehnaaz cooed gently.

"Kaafi protective hai Sidharth." Akshar interjected. "I mean-- it's almost overbearing."

"It's not." Shehnaaz snapped, almost instinctively. This man didn't have any right to question Sidharth's actions towards her.

Akshar flinched. "Take it easy, Shehnaaz."

Shehnaaz sighed, pursing her lips. Mehul placed his hand on her shoulder. "Of course he's protective of her. The whole Shukla family is, because she's their life. Sidharth Shukla se zyaada, Sidharth ki family protective hai iske liye kyonki yeh uss ghar ki rooh hai aur koi issey itni si bhi taqleef de, yeh wahan kisi ko bardaasht nahi hai." Mehul said, his voice was cheerful and casual, but Akshar heard the hidden warning.

Akshar knew that Sidharth was very much in love with this little vixen, but in the last few weeks, he had been getting too many glares, too many warnings. If there was something he loved more than anything in this world, it was a good challenge, and here it was.

The challenge. Shehnaaz Kaur Gill.

Akshar smirked. Mehul saw him and sighed.

"Chal, Kushal aur Maitri ke saath baith, mein chai bol ke aa raha hoon." Mehul said softly, Kushal smiled and led her towards the rest of the cast. Mehul turned to go in another direction, clicking his phone open.

"Bhai, yeh banda laaton ka bhoot hai, baaton se nahi maan-ne waala." Mehul said over the phone.

***