Chapter 8: We Don't Talk About Bruno

——————————🌺——————————

Mirabel dumped a few pieces of the vision on her desk and looked at them.

"You don't actually think you're the reason the magic is fading do you?" (Y/n) asked him.

"Why else would I be in his vision?"

"Well, maybe you're saving the magic?" She suggested.

Mirabel gave her a skeptical look.

"What? Don't look at me like that just because I think you're a good person." She defended. "I know you'd never do anything to hurt your family, and you know it too."

Mirabel cracked a small smile. "Thanks (Y/n)." She turned back to the pieces, (Y/n) looking over her shoulder. "Why am I in your vision Bruno?" She whispered.

Suddenly, thunder boomed behind them and the two gasped and turned around to see Pepa standing in the doorway with a thundercloud above her head.

"Tía, jeez." Mirabel sighed.

"Sorry. Sorry, I didn't mean to...Shoo, shoo, shoo!" She grunted, pushing the cloud out of the room.

"I just wanted to get the last of Toñito's things, and then I heard the name we do not speak." She explained, as another cloud appeared above her head.

"Great. Now I'm thundering. And that thunder will lead to a drizzle, and a drizzle will lead to a sprinkle..." she panicked, before taking a deep breath. "Clear skies, clear skies. Clear skies."

Mirabel looked at (Y/n) who nudged her shoulder and gestured to her aunt.

"Tía Pepa? If Bru..." she paused when she saw a rain cloud appear above Pepa's head. "If he had a vision about someone, what would it mean for them?"

"We don't talk about Bruno." She reminded him.

"I know. It's just, hypothetically, if he saw you."

"Mirabel, please, we need to get ready for the Guzmáns." Pepa said, shooing away her cloud.

"I just wanna know if it was generally positive or, like, less positive..."

"It was a nightmare!" Félix shouted, bursting into the room.

"Félix!" Pepa scolded.

"Hey, they need to know, Pepi, they need to know."

"We don't talk about Bruno." She said.

"He would see something terrible. And then...boom! It would happen."

"We don't talk about Bruno!"

"What if you didn't understand what he saw?" (Y/n) suggested.

"The you better figure it out because it was coming for you!" He warned.

Pepa cut in between them.

Pepa: "We don't talk about Bruno-no-no-no. We don't talk about Bruno."

Félix pulled Pepa in by her waist and the two started dancing.

Pepa: "But! It was my wedding day."

Félix: "It was our wedding day!"

They were know outside in flash back and Pepa and Félix were in wedding clothes.