Chapter 6: Surface Pressure

——————————🌺——————————

The family was outside eating their breakfast and (Y/n) and Mirabel spotted Dolores over at the food table piling up a plate. They both made their way over to her.

"Dolores, hey!" Mirabel greeted. "You know, out of all my older cousins, you're like my favorite cousin, so I feel like I can talk to you about anything, ergo you can talk to me about anything. Like the problem with the magic last night that no one seemed to worry about, but maybe you heard about that maybe we should know about."

She had said all of this very fast and Dolores hadn't said anything.

"Uh...please?" (Y/n) added.

Félix suddenly appeared behind them.

"Camilo, stop pretending you're Dolores so you can have seconds." He scolded.

Camilo turned back into himself. "Worth a shot." He shrugged, and casita hit him with her windowsill.

Félix rolled his eyes and walked away, as Dolores came up behind the two.

"The only one worried about the magic is you two and the rats talking in the walls. Oh, and Luisa. I heard her eye twitching all night." She informed, before walking away.

Mirabel and (Y/n) glanced over to Luisa who was carrying a table over.

"Everyone, to the table! Let's go, let's go." Abuela announced.

Casita pulled chairs over, and everyone took their seats. Mirabel rushed over, and took the seat next to Luisa, pushing Tía Pepa aside, while (Y/n) sat next to Mirabel across from Isaiah.

The said boy's eyes widened. He didn't know she would be here, but he was glad she was. This was his chance to apologize, and maybe ask her out.

"Family. We are all thankful for Antonio's wonderful new Gift." Abuela went to sit down, but paused when she noticed that there were animals on it.

"I told them to warm up your seat." Antonio smiled.

"Thank you, Toñito." She shooed the animals away and sat down. "I'm sure we'll find a way to put your blessings to good use."

Mirabel leaned over and whispered to Luisa. "Luisa, Dolores says you're totally freaking out. Any chance you may know something about last night with the magic?"

Luisa's eye started to twitch and Mirabel slammed a hand on the table. "You do!" She exclaimed.

"Mirabel." Abuela said. "If you can't pay attention, I will help you."

"Oh, actually..."

"Casita."

Mirabel's chair was moved right next to Abuela, Mirabel being dragged with it.

"As I was saying...we must never take our miracle for granted, so today, we will work twice as hard." Abuela continued.

"Mm-Hmm. I will help Luisa." Mirabel volunteered, pushing her chair out.

"Stop."

Mirabel was pushed back to the table.

"First, an announcement. I've spoken to the Guzmáns about Isaiah proposing to Mariana."