Chapter 40: Get Lucky

Simon

One month later

It's been a blast.

Since I found my mate one month ago, we had the best time on our first ever date on Friday night. Then, at my birthday party on Saturday we partied like the king and queen we are.

I got so many gifts that I had to donate some to charity. But the best gift of all has been Olivia. She has been such a trooper this whole time, being so welcoming to go on dates with me and giving us a chance.

Not to toot my own horn, but our dates have been phenomenal. I have taken her for dinner at the most expensive restaurant, an exclusive tour at the city hall - the oldest building in town - and sightseeing all over the city, including a quick trip to a festival in a neighboring region.

It's been non-stop fantastic dates for weeks in a row. I've reserved an entire floor of the nicest hotel for us to spend some quality time together, with the finest room service a small town place has to offer.

However...

We haven't completed the bond yet. Not only that, but we've barely passed third base. This is killing me.

I don't wanna pressure her into it, so I give her the space she needs to get comfortable around me. And I'm trying my best here, I really am.

I haven't had sex since last year and we're already in March. Fucking March! I waited two months for my birthday to come and find my mate, thinking I'd score. Now another month has passed and nothing. Not even a handy.

And that's not even the worst part.

I mean, it is. But it gets worse. Because everyone knows when werewolves complete the bond, I'm getting weird stares from all the students.

Yes, they all know we're mated and haven't completed the bond yet. It's been a month. No one takes this long.

At least with Felix and Elliott there was the sense that because Felix was "straight" it took him a while to get around the idea. Also Elliott had to get over me.

Now, I know she has to get over Ben. I'm not an idiot to dismiss their connection. But no one takes a whole month to get over someone. Not even Elliott and Felix took that long.

I am a gentleman. I was raised right. I believe firmly in a woman's choice to do whatever she wants. But this is harder than I could ever have thought. Not to be crass, but she's not exactly a virgin. So what's the hold up?

Felix has been listening to me rant about it for weeks now. As I can't complain to her, obviously. Nor to Elliott who is her best friend. Felix tries to empathize with me, but at some point there are no more excuses to argue.

Damn!

I don't wanna get alarmed, but she's an omega. So, if she doesn't complete the bond her heat will strike - sooner than it's scheduled - and then all hell will break loose.

That's not what I want. Not remotely. I don't want to be with anyone whose power of consent is impaired, Goddess forbids. Plus, if she gets struck by heat while in someone else's company, anyone NOT an omega... all bets are off. And I'm too young to go on trial for murder.

But there's a reason werewolves don't cheat (usually). Because if you get caught... Goddess helps you.

It's Monday morning and I arrive at school with her as usual. She's smiling at me and I at her. We look happy together. We greet our friends and talk separately with them until it is time for class.

"Liv, what's going on? Are you waiting for your heat to strike?" - Elliott asked her as we walked towards the classroom. I'm not beside them, but I can hear them well even from a distance. Wolf hearing has its purpose.