Chapter 43

DOMINIC'S  P.O.V.

The moment I saw the determination in Eden's eyes, I knew she would never take my side over Jasper's. Not on this anyway.
When she raised her foot allowing me to know that she would rather become rogue than to back me against her father, I'm not going to lie, it was like a kick in the balls and had me and Shadow in a rage.

It was hard to see past the red haze descending over my vision and it took everything in me to step away and not kill the fucker that was still led at my feet.

As soon as I stepped away my mate ran to her father's side. There was no hesitation in her actions and I wondered what had happened that had her changing her mind about him.

Jasper is a strong warrior, even I can see that.

I don't need to be told.

But seeing the relief in him when I stepped back was palpable for everyone here to see.

I watch in almost fascination if I wasn't so angry, as she drops herself to the ground next to him, asking if he is okay.

Not one word to me. Not even a glance my way, and me and my inner wolf are not happy about that at all.

After a few minutes that feel like a lot longer, finally my mates eyes capture mine.
The quickest explanation is heard through our link and it's enough for me to gain some sort of control over my anger.

I shout some orders to my men, still locking my eyes on the one person that is my weakness.

Turning around I head back towards the woods as I shout over my shoulder, "Hurry up, I haven't got all day to hear your excuses."

Hearing movement behind me, I keep walking. I might be willing to listen to what this fucker has to say but he's a long way from me liking him.

Just the thought of my mate walking behind me and not at my side, has me glancing back. She's walking by Jasper's side, almost like she's his protector.
I grin to myself, even in this shit show we are currently living through, Eden still has the ability to be the perfect Luna.

We reach the packhouse but I don't stop as I keep walking through the corridors to my office.
Some Omega's walk past me bowing their heads in respect and I give them a nod of my head in acknowledgment.
Omega's may be of the lowest rank in a werewolf pack, but in mine they are still to be treated as an equal to everyone else here that are of a lower rank than the Alpha and Luna.
I hear the sweet voice of my mate say a quiet hello as they pass her, and my grin only gets bigger when I hear it.

How did I get so lucky?

As I keep walking I finally reach my office door, grabbing the handle and turning it I push the door open. I don't stop until I'm behind my desk and lowering myself in to my chair.
I see Eden close the door after entering and I hear the latch click in place, making me set my sights on Jasper, who still stands waiting for instructions.

"Sit." I say with a slight undertone of anger that still lingers within me, and he takes the seat he had vacated only a days ago.

Eden still stands next to him with her hand on the back of his chair, looking between us both with a worried look on her beautiful face.
I can see she's having trouble deciding on where to stand or what to do, so in true Alpha style I make the decision for her.

Holding out my hand, I meet her gaze, "Come here my love."

I have to hold back a smile when I see the slow blush creeping up her face as she takes another glance at Jasper before she slowly moves around my desk towards me.

As soon as she's close enough I grab her hand pulling her on to my lap. My arm instinctively wraps around her waist and I gently kiss her just under her ear, making her squirm.

I look at Jasper with a smirk, knowing that he probably wants to kill me for what I'm doing to his daughter in front of him. But I can't help myself when I slowly move my hand up her leg resting it high on her thigh as my other hand slides under her top, stroking the soft smooth skin of her stomach.

Such a simple revenge tactic that seems to have worked better than I thought it would.
Jasper's face shows pure rage as his eyes follow my fingers. After a while he abruptly turns his head away letting out a low growl making me raise an eyebrow at him in question.

"Can we just get on with the situation at hand. And talking of hands, would it really be that difficult to keep your hands to yourself. You groping my daughter in front of me is not something I want to see."

I shrug one of my shoulders, "Then don't look." I say arrogantly.

Another growl comes from him as Eden grabs my hand stopping me from pissing her father off even more.

"When you two have quite finished, can we get back to getting my brother and friend home safely."

What Eden doesn't know is that I had already made a plan the moment Jake was taken.
It's not that I didn't want to tell her all the details of it, I did, but with her suffering Jake's torture and the fact that I knew she would do anything to come with me, it's just something I couldn't risk.

I couldn't risk her like that but now I am here listening to Jasper telling me that I have to allow my mate to come with us in to battle.
The need to disagree is overwhelming but hearing what he had to say about how Jake needs her close to survive has me doubting my own selfish reasons.

"Please Dominic, you have to trust me on this. I would never put my children in harms way if it wasn't necessary." Jasper says.

I look at him like he's grown two heads, "Trust you? How about you do something for a change that allows me to trust you because what I've seen so far you've done a piss poor show in showing me."

"I know and I'm sorry. But please I'm here now asking you to trust me and help me get my son back. If you love my daughter as much as you seem to show everyone, then believe me when I say she needs her twin to survive just as much as she needs you."

I think about what he's just said to me for a minute before answering, "Fine."

I grab Eden's chin tilting her head towards me, "I'm not happy about you coming with me, but it does seem obvious that you need to. But I will say this once and once only to you my love. You will not move away from my side. Do you understand?"

I watch as she slowly nods her head up and down, biting on her lip.

"Promise me." I order her, needing the reassurance to calm myself and Shadow, who is not happy one bit that our mate is coming with us.

"I promise Nic. I won't leave your side."

I look back over to Jasper, "Then let me tell you my plan."