6 | Their Big Day

"Wake up Han, we'll be late!"

"Do I have to? I wanna skip today." Was that my voice? Man, I was still sleepy!

"You don't get to skip on your first day! Now come on, or else I'm pulling out that pillow from your arms." Ann said. How was she fully awake this early in the morning?

"Okay, you got me there. I'm awake." I groaned.

It was the first day of our college, we were now high school graduates. Anna moved in with us a week before the start of our college, so as to get accustomed to our daily routine.

"I'm thinking of giving that alarm of mine to Ryan, he said his needs to be replaced, 'cause with you here I've no need of it." I complained.

That half an hour is a pretty good time to lose, especially when it came to my beauty sleep!

"Okay, I'll give it to him myself." She grinned.

I laughed and gave her a light hug before heading into the bathroom. When I was done, we both headed down to the living room.

"Mornin' sweethearts. Early today?" Daddy greeted us.

"She doesn't want to be late on her first day." I said.

"Excited me that is. It's college Han, we're not high school teens anymore."

"Sometimes I think you two are sisters. This exactly was how Hanna was on the first day of her 6th grade." Daddy reminded.

"We are sisters." I looked at Anna with a wide smile, which she returned with one of her own.

"I'm gonna go check on aunt in the kitchen, wanna come?" Ann said. She liked to be around mummy in the kitchen.

"Yep, coming." Well, I liked it too.

A few steps before entering the kitchen, we were greeted with the wondrous smell of caramel. Mummy was making caramel pancakes for breakfast, we were both crazy about it, so it was only obvious that we practically broke into the kitchen.

"I'll never get used to this." Mummy chuckled.

"And, we won't get used to these." We both said at once.

"Okay, okay, now go sit, I'll bring them."

"How can we walk into these and go on like it isn't even here." Ann said beside me.

"Why didn't you tell that there was caramel in store?" I asked.

"And have the can emptied before I even knew it?" Mummy replied.

Well, it weren't the pancakes that we were crazy for, but the caramel, hehehe. Ann grabbed a pancake and handed me a half while keeping the other half for herself. We walked out to the table for breakfast.

"Ann you'll be driving today." I said.

"Thanks girl." She gasped. She loved to drive my Pick up and I decided to let her be happy to the fullest on our first day to college.

"Can we join in too?" Said a well known voice and we all turned towards it.

"Dad!" Ann rushed towards her father, who engulfed her in a hug.

"Nate! Buddy, it's been a while." Said daddy. Our parents have gone from addressing each other with their last names to using their first names now. That was the kind of bond we shared.

"Where's Nylah?" Asked mummy, while I got up and went towards them. That's when Mrs. Andrews appeared on the doorway with Alicia.

"Right here, Tyra." She said, pulled me into a brief hug and walked towards mummy. I hugged Alicia and then Mr. Andrews.