Chapter- 9

Zoe's Pov- (when she reaches Athena's apartment)

I and the squad reached Athena's apartment when I was about to go in. I got a call from my manager Tom. "Hey Tom," I said

" Hi, I would like to know if you are up for today's race," he said just as I was about to reply. I heard someone shouting from Athena's apartment "no Tom I am not well talk to you later" I lied and hung up the phone.

I went inside and saw some guy shouting.

"She is Athena Selene Anastasia Leone" he shouted.

"Who the fuck are you?" Atlas said and growls "I am get fucking brother, who the fuck are you dog?" That guy told Atlas and growled back.

" guys calm down " I shouted as the tension in the room grew more. The guy snapped turns towards my voice and I look into his beautiful brown eyes.

My vampire starts taking over while saying "mate" "mate". Then it clicks to me that this handsome guy is my mate. He said "mate" and came to me and grabbed me from the back of the head and kissed me. After a few seconds, I kissed him back.

I could tell by this dominating kiss he wanted to mark me now and his vampire was trying to take over.

I broke the kiss when I hear someone

clearing their throat to get the attention of me and my mate.

"What Sia can't I just kiss my mate," my mate said grumpily. Shit, he was not supposed to call me his mate in front of Athena.

"First of all, you are the one who kisses my best friend and why the fuck are you calling her your mate and what the fuck does this mate mean " Athena snapped at him

"Athena don't you know superna-" my mate was cut off by Chris "how about we sit and talk to each other instead of shouting "

We all sat in the living room "Sia you said your family abandoned you " Emma asked " that's what my aunt told me turns out she kidnapped me from my family " I answered her.

Chin Sun turned towards my mate and asked "Did you say Leone? " he replied "yes " Atlas asked, "Leone as in Italian mafia?" My mate again answered "yes". He is brother of the don of the Italian mafia I thought

"Athena you are the lost princess of the Italian mafia," I asked or more like say she replies "yes"

"And you sign a contract with them," Chris said

"Yes" is that all she said

The room filled with silence suddenly Athena's phone rang. She checks who it is and smirk at it.

"Vincenzo is calling me I need you guys to shut up," she said and answer the phone and put it on speaker

"Minnares Van De Vampire I need you to come to Italy, I need your help," he said or more like ordered her.

"What do I need to do to help you don," she asked him "I need you to find someone for me," he said "names of that someone you want to find," she asked him I could tell he is getting frustrated by asking questions.

"Brittany Brown and Athena Selene Anastasia Brown," he said

"I will be there by the day after tomorrow and I will bring some guests with me," she said and hung up the phone.

"Guys I am going to sleep, please don't start again and river you can sleep here there is a guest room beside my room," she said and went to her room.

After a few minutes of sitting in silence, my mate stood up and said to me in his deep voice "I will be back in a few minutes, don't go anywhere" and went towards sia's room.

"Ok, so Sia's brother is your mate huh?" Chin Sun said in her teasing voice.

"Yes," I said shyly, which is odd because I never feel shy.

My mate comes back and sits with me and takes my hand in his and said in his deep voice " my name is River what is your name, my beautiful mate"

"Zoe," I said looking into his eyes.

"You are a vampire, right?" Chris asks River "yes" he replied.

"But how is sia not a vampire," Emma asked,d, "why the fuck are you saying sia is not a vampire?" River asked Emma.

"Because she is not," Emma said looking at River "how can she not, I remember her drinking blood when she was born." He said growling.

Suddenly I remember something from my past. "Guys, she could be given that by her aunt or William." I said and stared at them watching their eyes go widening.

"How are you so sure about it?" Chris asked me "because there is nothing else in this world to stop the vampire side" I replied to him.

"What is 'that'?" My mate asked me "it is something that vampires to stop their vampire side by werewolves. It is called Zap." I told him.

"And how do you even know about the Italian mafia don't know about it?" He asked me "because someone in my past used Zap on me and it is only known by werewolves and some vampires, " I told him looking into his eyes.

"Did he know about the Zap" he again asked me, knowing who he is talking about I said "yes"

River turns towards Atlas and starts growling "why the fuck there is a dog near my sister?" I should know this would happen because vampires and werewolves are natural enemies.

"River, this is our friend Atlas. He is a werewolf. We have known him for some years and we are sure that we will not get attacked. He needs our help. And we trust him " I told River.

"If he hurt you or my sister I will kill him and you will not stop me." He said to me, I don't reply to him.

We all decided to call it a night and go to sleep. I went into the guest room with my mate where we cuddled and fell asleep in each other's embrace.