chapter 5

So obviously I didn't update a few days later. I'm just a few days late, or weeks but anyways, this chapter has not been edited. 

>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<

            I haven’t seen Daniel for the past few periods. Now it’s lunch and still no sign of him. Is he avoiding me? Is he not going to tell me anything? He can’t just ignore me. I need to know what happened last night.

            I sit down with Sam at our usual table. Stacy and Rob haven’t arrived yet. I look around the cafeteria and still can’t find Daniel. Did he leave for the day? I feel someone tap my shoulder and look over to see Sam giving me a confused look.

            “Kristen. What is up with you today? You have been so scatterbrained today. What’s on your mind?” She asks.

            “Nothing. I just haven’t been getting a lot of sleep lately.” I say.

            “I don’t believe you. You look like you have been getting plenty of sleep.” She says.

            I just shrug my shoulders and go back to searching for Daniel. I was thinking about giving up but then I feel someone watching me and turn my head slightly to find Daniel staring at me. We stare at each other for a bit until he nods at me. I take it as him telling me to follow him so I get up from the table. I don’t take my eyes off of Daniel.

            “I’ll be right back.” I say to Sam while still looking at Daniel.

            “What? Wait-”

            I don’t wait for her to finish as I start walking over to Daniel. He goes down the hall and into a classroom. I follow him and shut the door once I’m in. Daniel is leaning against the window across the room. The lights aren’t on so it’s a bit dark but enough because the blinds are letting some light in. The light seems to hit Daniel just right. It makes his black hair shine and makes it look so soft. It makes me want to run my hands through his hair. I could just imagine the feel of his hair on my fingertips. I quickly stop myself from going anything further with my thoughts and just stare at Daniel. Neither of us talks for a while. We keep staring at each other, waiting for the other to say something. I decide to take the initiative.

            “So, want to tell me what all that was last night because it seems like you know.” I say.

            Daniel doesn’t answer. I sigh and break eye contact and look down.

            “Ok, how about I ask some questions to narrow it down and you answer?” I look back up at him and he nods.

            “Ok, where should I start?” I ask myself. “How about, who was that man last night?” I ask Daniel.

            He seems to be contemplating something until he finally answers.

            “He was a trained assassin.” Daniels says.

            My mouth drops open. Assassin? Why the hell would an assassin be after me?

            “Why was there an assassin after me?” I yell.

            “There’s a lot to why he’s after you.” Daniel says.

            “Care to elaborate?” I ask.

            “Let’s keep narrowing it down before we get to that.”

            “Fine. Why were you there last night?”