I Want Nothing To Do With You

It was already midnight when Kaia left the hospital. She didn't like hospitals, so she didn't want to continue staying if she didn't have to. Annie and Devin ended up driving her home.

While in the car, Kaia looked at Annie. "Thanks again, but please don't tell Alex," Kaia pleaded as she looked down before running a hand through her hair. Annie and Devin both looked confused. Kaia sighed softly. "I'll tell him when the time is right. The doctors said it didn't seem too serious at the moment, remember?" Annie looked at her sister and sighed. "He will know something is up with all the future doctor appointments you'll be going to. Your doctor did say that she wanted you to come in often for blood tests and to monitor the progress of your condition," Annie reminded her. She didn't like the fact that Kaia wanted to keep something so big a secret. Especially when it was from Alex who seemed to deeply love and care about Kaia. But Kaia on the other hand didn't want him to know anything more about her. He spied on her for so many years. He tried to take her company! If he found out she was sick and possibly dying he could use it as a reason to take over her company. She would not let it happen no matter what!

Kaia tried to cover up her thoughts with a weak smile. "It's ok Annie, I will tell him...just...just not now," she said, softly clenching the phone that was in her hands tightly.

When they pulled up in front of the house, Kaia hugged Annie before stepping out of the car. She waved back to the two of them before heading inside.

When she opened the door, Alex was asleep on the couch with his phone in his hand. It slightly startled Kaia at the sight of him. Noticing that he was asleep, she gently closed the door behind her. She didn't want to wake him up, let alone face him after what she had learned. She slowly tiptoed towards the room but stopped with a sigh as she couldn't stop the nagging feeling in her heart. She turned around to face Alex and stared at his sleeping form. She noticed the smartphone that he held tightly to his chest. The smartphone! She blinked, suddenly remembering that she turned off her phone for the entire day. She took it out of her pocket and turned it on, making sure to click the silent button. She had numerous missed calls and text messages. Where are you? Are you ok? There were probably over a hundred missed calls and messages.

Kaia slowly walked over to Alex and gently pried his phone out of his grip, placing it on the coffee table before grabbing the small throw blanket that was draped over the back of the couch and putting it over him. She reached up to move a few stray strands of his hair away from his face but stopped before her hands touched his skin. What was she doing? Why did she even care? She moved her hands away from him and walked upstairs. She took a shower and got changed into her nightclothes, which were her usual baggy pants and a tank top. Coming out of the bathroom, she had a towel draped over her hair to dry it. She let out a sigh before a pair of strong arms wrapped around her and hugged her from behind. "W--Hey!" she exclaimed, struggling out of Alex's hug. But Alex didn't show any signs of letting go. In fact, he held on even tighter.

Kaia continued to struggle before she gave up and turned around to face him. She placed her arms on his chest to widen the narrow gap between them. "Alex, let go!" She grunted, pushing him back. Alex finally moved back and stared down at her. "Why didn't you answer my calls or text? Where have you been?" he asked, practically shouting. He looked extremely upset. Kaia looked at him with a small sneer. "I was with Annie, that's all you need to know..." she said, walking right past him, continuing to dry her hair.

Alex stared at her blankly. "What's wrong with you? I'm the one that should be angry! Do you know how worried I was when you almost passed out in front of your company?!" Now he was shouting.

Turning to look back at him, Kaia draped the towel over her shoulders. "You can stop pretending. I already know everything, so just stop." She headed towards the bedroom door. Alex froze. He didn't know what to do. Did she really find out? "Let me explain," Alex started. Kaia simply turned around and gave him a cursory glance. "Don't worry. We're still married in name. I'll still pretend to be your wife, but let me tell you this. If you so much as touch my company, or my people I will expose you and your company's biggest secrets and destroy you! I worked hard to get to where I am now, whereas you were handed your position! You might not understand how much this means to me, but I sure as hell do!" She turned back around but stopped. Again, she turned and stared into his eyes. "I want nothing to do with you from now on, Alexander Sabor." With that said, she walked out the door leaving him standing there. She never gave him a chance to explain or even say a word and before he could she was gone. Everything he had wanted to say stuck in his throat, unable to come out.

Kaia up the stairs to a guest bedroom. Most of her belongings were already stored there. In fact, she was supposed to stay in the guest bedroom, but being the stupid person she realized she was, she had actually trusted Alex again and climbed into his bed of her own accord.

Back in Alex's bedroom, Alex clenched his fist tightly. He was hoping she didn't find out. He already had plans to either reject or alter the deal. He had already thought of leaving some subsidiaries for Kaia to manage. At first, it didn't matter whether or not she had any part of the company but as he got to know her again; he didn't want to hurt her. He let out a sigh before walking over to his side of the bed. His heart ached as he tried to think about what he should do. In the end, all he could think about was how stupid he was. He should have just told her about it and what he was planning to do. He looked at the empty side of the bed next to him where Kaia had slept so soundly two nights ago in his arms.