31: Community

Annabeth POV

I didn't know how to react to Bianca's death. I watched Hazel crying while embracing Nico. Franka was next to Hazel, supporting her as she let herself go. Will was also consoling Nico the best he could even though they weren't together or anything. 

Her death made me feel a little guilty. It's not my fault. I felt guilty that her death didn't affect me that much. I simply didn't know her that well. I can empathize with Hazel and Nico, and I feel sorry for their loss. However, I don't feel like I lost something by this particular death. I was a lot closer to Beckendorf and Silena. Their deaths affected me more than Bianca. 

This is what the apocalypse does to you. It desensitized you to most deaths. 

I was incredibly happy after seeing Thalia and Percy though. The whole camp was eager to see three former guards come back. 

Not to mention, everyone at camp loves Percy in particular. 

After hugging and kissing me, Percy went straight to Stella. I told him that she was with Grover and Juniper on the third floor, and that's where he went. I knew Percy would go straight to his baby sister to make sure she was okay. I would do the same thing for my brothers. 

"I'm so glad that you're okay, Thals," I cheered. My arms wrapped around my best friend, and we just held each other for a few seconds. 

Jason was wiping his tears in front of me. Piper and Reyna were both smiling brightly while digesting everyone's presence. The moment was phenomenal, and I felt giddy that my disco ball led them back here. 

"We weren't sure where you guys were. That's why it took so long to find you guys. Let me tell you, any backup plan should be shared by all," Thalia exclaimed. She squeezes my hand firmly before greeting the other guards. 

"By the way, Percy was so adamant about getting back to you," Thalia expressed. 

I smiled while gazing at Nico again. Their group had pulled to the side. They were going through a loss right now, so it made sense that they wanted to be away from the celebration. 

I knew they'd be okay though. Time will help. 

A few civilians grabbed some food for the newcomers. I took a plate of food from Martha before walking to the staircase. I'm taking a full dinner to Percy. He's probably still on the third floor. There are a lot of empty rooms on the third floor as well, so that's probably where he'll be staying. 

I couldn't wait to get some alone time with him. When I arrived, Percy was sitting in the lobby with Stella sleeping in his arms. 

Grover and Juniper were smiling while gazing at Percy and Stella. Grover's going through the same thing I'm going through now. Our best friends came back to us. 

"Seaweed Brain, I brought you some food," I said softly. 

I set the food on a coffee table before planting a kiss on Percy's cheek. He smiled while looking up from Stella's face. His beautiful sea-green eyes sparkled and lulled me in. I kissed him on the lips once more before sitting beside him. 

Percy kept one hand around Stella. However, his other hand reached out to me. 

I placed my hand in his and let him intertwine his fingers around mine. Holding hands was such a teenage thing to do, but I couldn't stop the butterflies from exploding. His face looked so satisfied just then, and it made me feel so special. 

I couldn't stop my elation. A part of me knew that he was still alive. I didn't feel his loss, and that's why I hung up the lights yesterday as well. 

I felt it inside my intelligent mind that he'll still come back to me.